Parador del Sol
Resort is located away from city, in "Pie de la Cuesta" area. To locate it in a map software, try this coordinates: 16-54-57.29N, 100-00-20.73W. It is in a small land strip separating the “Laguna de Coyuca” from the Pacific Ocean. It is also collocated with Mexican Air Force Base #7. (very, very low air traffic ). The base used to be the old Acapulco airport.
I stayed there from Oct 30 till Nov 3, 2007, reserved through Hotels.com. If you are looking for a nice getaway on a budget, it is OK. If you are looking for a “star” beach resort, look elsewhere.
The hotel was just getting ready for the high season (nov-march), the staff was very busy preparing the place for the season.
When we came in, there were less than ten families, when we left, in a long-holiday-weekend, the resort was full.
This property has a lot of potential, with someone with $$$ to invest, it could be a 5-star resort.
• Very quiet area, away from city noise
• More suitable for families and couples. Used as a long-weekend getaway for families from Mexico City
• Music on beach pool area only on weekends, otherwise very quiet
• Kids camp in resort.
• Security guards in both pool and beach areas
• No many beach vendors, only on weekends
• Very clean rooms, outstanding housekeeping service
• Our room (236) had everything in working order
• Each villa houses only two rooms, each with its own covered patio, lounge beds, and hammock
• Room had hot water, A/C cooling great
• Reception staff very responsive
• Beachfront and lagoonfront are right in resort
• May bring pets? (saw one family with a dog)
• Good food selection, (not gourmet, but well chosen and well prepared). Custom items available on request to Food Services director.
• Hotel taxis very reliable, fair fares. Insured and regulated.
• Hotel has no airport shuttle sevice, taxi trip is approximately 1+ hour from airport
• Far from city (10 miles), (45 min to 1 hour, depending on traffic through single lane road passing through some "eye sores")
• Recently painted, but overall, the facilities need thorough maintenance
• Some rooms (not ours) had plumbing or electricity complaints
• Rooms have no iron, radio/alarm clock
• Satellite TV reception is limited
• Great tropical landscaping, but needs maintenance
• No ATM in property
• Cashier never has enough money for exchange, never change in USD
• Beach is unsuitable for swimming due to tall waves and strong undertow. Red flags and warning sign posted on beach. Good for sunbathing, but only five cabanas on the beach. More covered areas between beach and swimming pool
• Watersports only on lagoon. Jet ski and lagoon boat ride available for a fee. Free kayaks available after 6 pm.
• Resort divided by main road (ok to cross) has pedestrian bridge, Guests have to cross the road at least once daily.
• Lagoon area restaurant not very clean, beach area restaurant is most used, clean
• Tap water not drinkable (salty), drinking water served at bar
• Bar stock very limited. Very limited selection of both soft and hard drinks, never saw beer being served.
• Food cannot be taken outside restaurant
• No poolside bar atendants, u pick your drinks
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Parador Del Sol Acapulco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parador Del Sol Acapulco Hotel Acapulco
- Parador Del Sol Hotel Acapulco