“Not Bad at all”

Ranked #111 of 167 Hotels in Acapulco
miami
“Not Bad at all”
Reviewed September 29, 2008

I stayed at the instalations for a week in August and it was great. I had mmade the purchase before seeing this page and was ready to kill someone. But arriving at the hotel I noticed that part of it was in remodeling. I was recieved very politely and very eficiently by the staff and the room was in excelent condition it was new and with very tasteful decor. I can see that maybe someone might have goten a rome that was under remodeling and may have not been in the best of shape but it is unfare to judge the whole instalation on a unfortunate event.
George , Sally & Family , Miami , Florida

• Liked — service was excelent
  • Disliked — no A/C in the Lobby area
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank micueso

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
montreal canada
Reviewed April 4, 2008

i made my reservations before reading the comments on trip advisor!I must admit that i was expecting the worse!I was very surpised when i saw my room!Big,clean,with comfortable beds,quiet...The pools area were clean and not too crowded...the staff at the cafeteria was very nice and polite...maybe i was lucky to be in building number 4...i also met other tourists who were very happy to be there...,the hotel is close from the beach ,shopping areas and restaurants...good value for my money,will surely be back there next year

• Liked — the size of my room
  • Disliked — elevator
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank richardk2008
Gdynia, Poland
Reviewed March 22, 2007

Don't belive on web pictures ! !!!!!
Terrible shower, broken beds, old fashion fridge - you have to
turn of night time because of noise,
staff dosn't speak english and is not able help at all

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — quality,staff, 20 usd deposit for tv remo
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Acapulco hotels

United States
Reviewed March 12, 2007

I reserved this hotel through ---.com, and I can't believe they actually do business with this hotel. The staff acted as though they resented Americans being there, especially the Manager. The place was over 50 years old and had not been properly maintained or remodeled, it was very old and run down. It had 7 floors maintained by 2 old elevators, one of the elevators would not go to the first floor at all, so I had to go to the 2nd floor and go down a floor to get to my room everytime, I was really worried about getting stuck in these elevators. There were small roaches in the room, they would run accross the floor when you turned the light on in the morning. Oh yes, when I first checked in, they put me in a room that had no hot water in the shower, I found this out after I got in the shower and had already got set up in the room, so I complained and had to move to another room, that took another hour of my vacation time. The house cleaning staff was nice but very slow to clean your room daily, usually it was 4 PM, until they got around to cleaning my room, I don't think it was their fault, they were just overloaded with work. The mattress on the bed was badly stained and pretty hard, the pillows were very old, the floors were dirty. There was no ice machines as you would normally expect in a hotel. Everyday at 8 AM there was hammering going on to greet you, so if you wanted to sleep in past 8 you can forget it at Club DEl Sol. I also was told that I could not bring guests to my room by the Manager of the hotel, I think it was because I was an American and these ladies were Mexican. I have stayed in many hotels in my life time and have never been told I could not have a guest in my room.

Stayed March 2007
1 Thank elvisfan1gmr
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed March 20, 2006

Myself and 2 of my girlfriends stayed at the Club Del Sol for 2 weeks in Feb/March, 2006. From what I was reading about this hotel, we were honestly expecting the worst, but it was in our price range. I can say, without a doubt, that all the write ups I read were greatly exagerated. We had a wonderful time. The room was fantastic and the location of the hotel was perfect for 3 females in their mid 20's. The staff was super friendly and helpful, granted not alot of the front desk staff spoke much english, but it wasn't a big issue. It was actully pretty funny!
The adult only roof top pools are beautiful and the view is spectacular.
Everything about the hotel was great. I cannot say anything bad about it. Sure, it is over 30 years old, but it is amazing!!

7 Thank Wpg16
Toronto
Reviewed January 26, 2006

I last stayed at Club del Sol for 2 weeks in mid-December 2005, but have stayed at this hotel 2-4 times a year since 1993.
Yes, currently the hotel is being upgraded --the 4th. and 5th. floors of the main building have had complete renos of the bathrooms, kitchens and A/C systems, and the " Coral" 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suites will be completed by early February/06. The sports bar, 'Referees" was under complete renovation and was scheduled to re-open by the end of January/06 in time for the Superbowl. This is an economy hotel, 2-2 1/2 stars, and has really great room rates for the economy-minded traveller. I've always found the rooms to be clean and the staff very friendly, but yes, there can be problems ... I've had refrigerators and TV's that haven't worked correctly ...but the problems were quickly fixed/replaced.

Other reviews which are critical of changing of bed linens " daily " , or bath towels which must be " left on the floor" to be changed. Do these people change their beds daily at home? Yes, if a bed is obviously soiled, it will be changed! And there are signs in 3 languages explaining the " towel policy".
In order to save on water/detergent/electricity, guests are requested to choose whether they desire to change their towels daily.

There are 5 bars at the Club, but during the off season 2 or 3 of the bars can be closed. ( only 3 were open when I was there a month ago.)

My only negative comment is relevant only for Canadian all-inclusive "package tours". The difference in price between this 2 star hotel and a 4 star hotel can at times be less than $100 for one week, and that additional cost may be well worth it to be in a newer hotel on the beach, with better food.

• Stayed December 2005
5 Thank ACAlover
Iowa
Reviewed January 30, 2005

We stayed two nights of our seven night stay in Acapulco. We only stayed the second night so we would not be double-charged for the second night. This hotel is not as advertised on the glorious web sites. The pictures of the pool and scenery are not even close. The rooms are not only dirty, but disgusting. The hotel bar was always scarce. The fitness room was non-existent. We didn't make it to the restaurant, but we literally only slept in this room because we had already paid for it.

My advice, go to the Hotel Emporio Continental like we did. The rooms are accommodating and the pools are the best on the beach!

8 Thank meliowan