This tower used to be part of the old El Presidente. They fully renovated it a few yeas ago and I must say they did an impressive job. Except for the fact that there is no central air conditioning (each room has its own system, which can be noisy), it is almost impossible to tell this building is 50 years old.
- Staff is mostly terrible. Check-in took 30 minutes and check-out 20 even when there were no outstanding bills and I called the reception 30 minutes before going downstairs. Moreover, upon check-in I wanted to use the priority lane for Frequent members and so I approached an available fat big curly guy who told me "sorry, priority lane not available today" and took out the sign on my face.
- Toilet smells terrible.
- They allowed me to enter my room only at 5 pm instead of 3 pm. Reason was that other guests did not check out on time. They made their problem my problem.
- They gave me the keys to THREE rooms that were BUSY or undone. Excuse was poor communication with the maids who miss informed the staff at the front desk of what was actually available and what was not.
- Buffet breakfast is terrible - if you want a fresh natural juice, you need to pay extra. All the buffet includes is can / box juice...
- Renovation in the pool areas is outstanding. They did a good job with the two new pools one of which is a gorgeous infinitum one.
- Location is great, right on the center of the main bay. If you are looking for a more modern version of Acapulco, you don't need to ve in the main bay but in the Diamante area. The main bay is old but they have done a great job in keeping it up to date.
- Rooms are larger than in most other hotels in the area. Also, they are fully renovated in a nice way with LCDs and good beds. All rooms have at leas side Sea views are good but front ones are great - frontal ones come at an extra cost.
Overall, there is clear lack of leadership in this hotel. As I said, physically the hotel is in pretty good shape, it is just the service what makes it horrible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Acapulco Resort Hotel, in Acapulco, Guerrero, Mexico, is a Four Star Hotel with 220 comfortable Rooms (Single, Double and King View), which you can easily book through these modern booking systems online.Specially designed for leisure travelers, Acapulco Resort also meets all business travelers’ needs since it’s located in the heart of Acapulco. With rooms in front of the worldwide known Playa Condesa, the Hotel shares the exceptional atmosphere of Acapulco Dorado and it’s located a few steps from the Convention Center, which will allow you to enjoy the best without losing time going from one place to another.Enjoy at our facilities, where you will find a pool, gym, function rooms, restaurant and fully-equipped first class meeting rooms. Our services include free wireless internet access in the whole hotel, air conditioning, elevators and wheelchair access, nonsmoking and smoking rooms, safe box, parking lot with valet parking, transportation to the airport with extra cost, dry cleaning service and the most important: the service of friendly bilingual personnelAcapulco is part of the famous “Triangulo del Sol” (Sun Triangle) and it’s one of the most visited tourist destinations in the country. Here you will find endless beaches, restaurants, bars, stores and all kind of first class tourist services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, IHG, Orbitz, Expedia and Hotwire so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Acapulco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Acapulco Hotel Acapulco
- Fiesta Hotel Acapulco
- Acapulco Fiesta Hotel
- Fiesta Acapulco
- Fiesta Inn Acapulco