“Nice for the Price”

Romano Palace Hotel & Suites Acapulco
Ranked #106 of 168 Hotels in Acapulco
Reviewed April 27, 2010

I was pleased with the Hotel for the rate I paid. Yes, I am very aware the clubs across the street are very noisy as I have stayed here years ago. So I brought several pairs of ear plugs and had some wonderful nights sleep. Stayed here 2 weeks this time. Also go a room over by the pool so further away from the clubs. The staff were pleasant and had room services several nights. Got a lower room so did not have to depend on the elevators. A longer vacation for cheaper than anywhere I could have went in the US even including air. Relaxing, sunny and wonderful. I got more than I expected for the price, so my expectations were meet. There was no where in the US I could have flown and stayed two weeks for this price and I even had sun every day as is usual in Acapulco this time of year.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 16, 2010

Overall, I thought this hotel was quite decent. All the rooms have balconies from which you can see the bay, which was probably my favorite part. The beds and furniture were fine, if not new, and the pool was nice enough, though crowded. The hotel has a great location, right in front of the beach (which you can access with a pass from the hotel) and a row of clubs. My only complaints were that the soap dish looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in a long time, the bathroom was old and dark and the door didn't close properly, and the elevators were extremely slow (especially in a place with more than 20 floors). Lastly, I definitely wouldn't recommend this hotel if you're looking for a relaxing time or are bringing small children, because the clubs in front of the hotel are so loud at night that I could hear their music right through my ear plugs-- and they close at 8am!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 4, 2010

The people working at the front desk were rude. The room was dirty and rundown. The hallways were dirty. The elevators were broken so you had to call the front desk every time you want to go downstairs to have someone bring the elevator to up to your floor (imagine what we had to go through when the key to our room didn't work). The air conditioners don't work and the curtains in the bedrooms don't completely close so it is always sunny in your room and that combined with the fact that the air conditioners don't work make the rooms unbearable in the afternoon because they are too hot and musty. I told the front desk but they never sent anyone to fix it nor did they offer us another room despite the fact that there were plenty of unoccupied rooms. It is so loud that the music from the outdoor club across the street comes into your room so make sure you tell them you do not want a beach view because the beach is across the street behind a club. The hotel is so rundown that a roof close the pool caved in and the water from a tank was going into the pool and all the poor area. There was debris everywhere. We wanted to leave immediately and the hotel would not refund out money for that day despite the fact it was only 3 o'clock. My advice is pay an extra $150 dollars and stay somewhere anywhere else. We did. I have stayed in 2 star, 3 star, 4 star, 5 star+ hotels and this hotel was the worst. This hotel is not a 3 star hotel it should be rated a 1.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Luv2CtheC
Reviewed January 30, 2010

For the price was not too bad this is a 2 star hotel , the food was o.k , if you do not like the buffet just make sure you ask a la carte and the will prepare you something from the menu , the rooms are o.k again just tell the maid you want your room clean with clean towels and give her $20 pesos a day ( $1.50 canadian dollar ) . All the nigth clubs are accross the street , if you do not like noise and elevators , make sure you get floor 5 or 6 so you can walk , because the 2 elevators are too slow for 22 floors and get a room facing the pool c'uase facing the beach it gets very loud, unless you get too drunk to hear the noise. (the maids get paid $15.00 canadian dollars for 10 hours of work)
For a couple of more bucks you can stay at THE COPACABANA HOTEL that's 3 1/2 star

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2010

I stayed at the hotel for 3 night and was very dissappointed. I was on the 14th floor and the elevators would not work so we had to walk down the stairs. I have knee problems so that was very hard. The buffet meals in the restaurant were not that good. I did not think it was that clean of a hotel. I am going back to Acapulco soon but i will choose another hotel over staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed November 19, 2009

This joint is 22 stories high across the road from the beach...takes half an hour at best to cross safely, traffic , traffic , traffic...night time the discos across the road ...boom boom boom boom until 5 a.m.....now get this....ELEVATORS. maximum 8 people...if you are on the top floor or thereabouts figure on 30 minutes or more to get to ground zero......how about 16 people crammed in....I counted....no security..most people give up and walk Parking???? space foe 20 cars....if you are lucky and 50 pesos a day...staff???...no intendio¿¿¿¿...no internet, ....just the worst place I have stayed in my life...I checked out ...the only good thing is the view from the balconey..........

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2009

nice location across from beach, but have to cross super busy street to get to the beach, could take 15 minutes just to cross. air conditioning was horrible on the 15th floor. plus elevator was broken!!!!!! up that many stairs, insane!!!!
at night we needed ear plugs and we could still hear the club music!!!!
service was horrible. no internet/computers for use.
i would never ever go there again. GO ACROSS THE STREET TO fiesta americana or something like that. we ate lunch there one day, and WOW we saw what we were missing out on.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends