“the view is amazing, the hotel not so much”
Review of Las Torres Gemelas

Las Torres Gemelas
Ranked #121 of 168 Hotels in Acapulco
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Me and by husband were here on our honeymoon in August and spent 9 nights in the Penthouse of the hotel.
The good parts are that the air conditioning worked perfectly in all rooms and it was quite clean. I especially liked the floors and the carpets and also the kitchen, though I barely used it at all. The sofa on the deck was also spacious and comfortable enough for my taste.
The worst part was that the hotel was having its exterior renovated and since the deck was on the roof of the hotel we constantly had workers up there during the day and it wasn't private at all. We felt uncomfortable spending time there with people around us.
A suggestion would be that instead of the huge furniture in the main bedroom which doesn't really have a point, maybe the hotel could put in a decent closet instead of the bar with hangers we had in the corner of the room.
The second bedroom was actually quite bad, the window has a view of the inside of the hotel, the sunshade didn't lift (probably to hide the horrible view) and one of the walls looked like there had been a flood at some point in there. That should be stated on the presentation of the penthouse as it's very disappointing. It was fine for us because we were just one couple but if there would have been someone else with us I don't think anyone would have been happy with sleeping in that room.
The deck is in poor condition, the ceiling is leaking all over the place and is missing a piece in a corner. The bar looks pretty bad and the fridge on the deck was absolutely disgusting! I don't think the cleaning ladies ever go up there to tidy up the place. We had only one lounge chair on the deck and it looked nothing like the picture, just a white plastic ordinary chair (but since we couldn't stay there during the day we didn't actually need it anyway).
I couldn't say if it was noisy or not as I sleep with ear plugs :)
All bad things aside, it's spacious and the view really is amazing, but I did feel like I was a bit lied to when I got there, there should be more pictures for tourists so people can get a fair idea of what they're spending their money on.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ioana B

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Recently I stayed at the Penthouse at Las Torres Gemelas in Acapulco. I was very concerned about this reservation in light of the recent reviews. I contacted the manager, James Guzman who addressed all of the issues I read about recently. With some hesitation I agreed to keep our reservation and we spent 5 days in the Penthouse 3 story apartment on the 30th floor. First the good:
1. Most of the repairs and renovations have been done as promised by James.
2. Everything was in good working order.
3. You cannot beat the price for a penthouse on the beach in a central location.
4. You have an abundance of floor space and privacy.
5. The top floor balcony is very large with good privacy, a small pool and good views (a plastic table and 4 chairs would be ideal).
6. All the electronics worked as advertised, showers were good, AC worked in all rooms, beds were comfortable and large king sized, pool was very good although the jet streams did not work, maid service was good, drinking water provided in the kitchen and we had an abundance of towels.
Now the bad:
1. This is a poorly maintained building (tired 2star at best).
2. The 2 buildings are 30 story's with budget travelers with large family's staying in small studio sized apartments ( I hope you get the picture).
3. The pool would accommodate 60 comfortably. Hundreds compete for the small space available ( this will not affect you as you are in the Penthouse and have a small pool).
4. The elevators can get crowded ( we were there in the busiest week of the year so bear this in mind with this review).

Would I stay here again? If I wanted this location, and wanted to share a place with 4 persons or i was alone and it was not Christmas or Easter week then yes I would consider it. If I was just taking my wife, Las Brisas is the place in Acapulco for 2.

We go frequently to Acapulco.

Room Tip: I only saw the Penhouse.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank hoopsover
Reviewed June 23, 2012

As almost all of Acapulco, the Torres Gemelas was struck hard by the economical crisis.

The service has lowered its quality, the cleanliness has diminished, prices are below average for a hotel this size and in this location.

All in all a decent choice if you don't spend too much time on hotels.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Es7ebanLV
Reviewed April 8, 2012

The worst expierience ever in my whole life nothing beats the hell we went trough with this hell hole
Nothing works the ac, the tv, the sink, the bathroom, there's no hot water the toilet leaks. The location is in the best area of Acapulco but it doesnt compensate for the horrible nights that you are going to go trough. We tried to talk with the manager but she never showed up. Even the bell boy who was helping us confessed that all the advertising for this place it's basically lies. I have to emphasize NEVER STAY HERE!!

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Losartan
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Do not get involved with the rental pool condos. We have owned a condo there for many years and had it in the rental pool when we were not there. We sold it early last year and the rental pool people stole the money that we were due. The administrative people have been very good throughout the years, but thiis shows the character of the rental pool people.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank fred f
Reviewed March 19, 2011

I have stayed here a few times. I LOVE IT!! Suites are spacious....beautiful ocean view. Two pools, staff is very good. The hotel is clean and lots of security. Very close to the action and lots of night life. Kitchenettes in every room. Very affordable.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank deisen54
Reviewed December 28, 2010

We thought we got a bargain on this hotel -- 800 pesos a night for a room with a refrigerator and small cooking range. Also, the hotel is right on the coast with its own private beach.
However, soon after getting there one evening, we realized why it had been so cheap:
- The toilet was leaking water onto the floor
- The kitchen faucet leaked water
- The bathroom faucet made a loud noise when on
- The pillows were small and lumpy
- The A/C broke during the night and it was so hot we couldn't sleep.
- It took forever to get anywhere on the elevator -- they were very slow and always crowded and full
- The hotel seems to be popular with families who have small children, so it tends to be noisy both day and night.
- When we asked for 2 pool towels (during regular pool hours), it took them half an hour to come up with ONE towel, and did not give us a second one.
- There were only 4 chairs on the beach and you had to pay to use them!

We got out of this hotel as quickly as we could after spending one night there. For only about 200 pesos more we stayed in the Fiesta Inn next door, which is much better.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family