Me and by husband were here on our honeymoon in August and spent 9 nights in the Penthouse of the hotel.
The good parts are that the air conditioning worked perfectly in all rooms and it was quite clean. I especially liked the floors and the carpets and also the kitchen, though I barely used it at all. The sofa on the deck was also spacious and comfortable enough for my taste.
The worst part was that the hotel was having its exterior renovated and since the deck was on the roof of the hotel we constantly had workers up there during the day and it wasn't private at all. We felt uncomfortable spending time there with people around us.
A suggestion would be that instead of the huge furniture in the main bedroom which doesn't really have a point, maybe the hotel could put in a decent closet instead of the bar with hangers we had in the corner of the room.
The second bedroom was actually quite bad, the window has a view of the inside of the hotel, the sunshade didn't lift (probably to hide the horrible view) and one of the walls looked like there had been a flood at some point in there. That should be stated on the presentation of the penthouse as it's very disappointing. It was fine for us because we were just one couple but if there would have been someone else with us I don't think anyone would have been happy with sleeping in that room.
The deck is in poor condition, the ceiling is leaking all over the place and is missing a piece in a corner. The bar looks pretty bad and the fridge on the deck was absolutely disgusting! I don't think the cleaning ladies ever go up there to tidy up the place. We had only one lounge chair on the deck and it looked nothing like the picture, just a white plastic ordinary chair (but since we couldn't stay there during the day we didn't actually need it anyway).
I couldn't say if it was noisy or not as I sleep with ear plugs :)
All bad things aside, it's spacious and the view really is amazing, but I did feel like I was a bit lied to when I got there, there should be more pictures for tourists so people can get a fair idea of what they're spending their money on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A new boutique suite hotel privately owned and independent from Las Torres Gemelas although located in the same twin towers. All suites are luxury suites with complete kitchen, US & Canadian satellite HDTV, flat screen HDTVs, surround sound systems, free high speed internet and all new modern furnishings. Located in the middle of Acapulco Bay on a private beach only steps away from most of Acapulco's famous restaurants, shopping, bars and discos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon so you can book your Las Torres Gemelas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Torres Gemelas Acapulco
- Las Torres Gemelas Hotel Acapulco