Recently I stayed at the Penthouse at Las Torres Gemelas in Acapulco. I was very concerned about this reservation in light of the recent reviews. I contacted the manager, James Guzman who addressed all of the issues I read about recently. With some hesitation I agreed to keep our reservation and we spent 5 days in the Penthouse 3 story apartment on the 30th floor. First the good:
1. Most of the repairs and renovations have been done as promised by James.
2. Everything was in good working order.
3. You cannot beat the price for a penthouse on the beach in a central location.
4. You have an abundance of floor space and privacy.
5. The top floor balcony is very large with good privacy, a small pool and good views (a plastic table and 4 chairs would be ideal).
6. All the electronics worked as advertised, showers were good, AC worked in all rooms, beds were comfortable and large king sized, pool was very good although the jet streams did not work, maid service was good, drinking water provided in the kitchen and we had an abundance of towels.
Now the bad:
1. This is a poorly maintained building (tired 2star at best).
2. The 2 buildings are 30 story's with budget travelers with large family's staying in small studio sized apartments ( I hope you get the picture).
3. The pool would accommodate 60 comfortably. Hundreds compete for the small space available ( this will not affect you as you are in the Penthouse and have a small pool).
4. The elevators can get crowded ( we were there in the busiest week of the year so bear this in mind with this review).
Would I stay here again? If I wanted this location, and wanted to share a place with 4 persons or i was alone and it was not Christmas or Easter week then yes I would consider it. If I was just taking my wife, Las Brisas is the place in Acapulco for 2.
We go frequently to Acapulco.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A new boutique suite hotel privately owned and independent from Las Torres Gemelas although located in the same twin towers. All suites are luxury suites with complete kitchen, US & Canadian satellite HDTV, flat screen HDTVs, surround sound systems, free high speed internet and all new modern furnishings. Located in the middle of Acapulco Bay on a private beach only steps away from most of Acapulco's famous restaurants, shopping, bars and discos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon so you can book your Las Torres Gemelas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Torres Gemelas Acapulco
- Las Torres Gemelas Hotel Acapulco