“We liked it”
Review of Las Torres Gemelas

Las Torres Gemelas
Ranked #121 of 168 Hotels in Acapulco
Reviewed March 1, 2008

We chose this hotel for its location, which is in the middle of bay and close to everything. As soon as you arrive in the lobby you get an awesome view of the bay. When we arrived it was a week day and pretty quiet; check-in went smoothly enough, and we arrived at our room in the north tower. The installation has been around a long time, yet the room was nice and it had a little kitchenette w/ fridge, cable tv, and a balcony overlooking the ocean. Since its a condotel, probably not all the rooms are maintained equally, also the amenities are limited (bring your own washcloths, shampoo, etc. or you can buy all that at walmart which is a short 50 cent bus ride each way.) We did not use the pools which were usually occupied by quite a few Mexican tourists, but enjoyed the small beach. The waves there are probably too rough for small children to swim in but if you enjoy rock climbing (as we do) there are lots of those on either side of the beach. We ate at the restaurant's breakfast buffet twice and thought it was very good ($10 p/p) On the weekend it got rather crowded with tourists from Mexico City which slows down the elevators, but all in all we really enjoyed the place.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SWH1

Reviewed January 23, 2008

I stayed at Las Torres Gemelas with 3 friends. When we first arrived the lobby looks beatiful the view just beautiful. Once they gave us our room key we get on the OLD elevator to our room. Our room is dirty there is trash all over the floor the beds were unmade and the AC does not work. We call the front desk and they said they would send someone to clean up. After ten minutes we call again they apologize and say come down to the front desk and we will give you a new room. We did and got a new room. Once we get to the room this room is "clean". But their rooms are just old and unkept. The stove and regrigerator don't work but at least the AC works. We figured we'd stay here since we'd only be in the room to sleep. We go out to their private beach and surpise surprise the beach is tiny you can't even sit down on the sand because the waves are so big. On two out of the three days I was there the beach was closed. They had told us the hotel has a jacuzzi but when we tried to get in the guard said that only certain guests can go in. The only nice thing about this place is the view and the hotel lobby area. Other than that I would not recommened this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank orechios
Reviewed December 9, 2007

I loved this place. I've travelled a lot and finally have found a place where there is a kitchen in the suites (so I don't have to gain weight on vacation! hahaha!).

This hotel is right in middle of Acapulco Bay...right in the action. the beach is also partiioned off by huge boulders on each side so there is not a lot of people strolling by which I like.

The staff was friendly and helpful too.

I'll go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with friends
4  Thank TvlnJoe
Reviewed August 23, 2007

I'm from Mexico City and I often travel to Acapulco for the weekend. I haven't stayed in Torres Gemelas for about 10 years, but I remembered it was a nice place. WRONG !
We arrived and there was no Valet Parking (for me is a very important thing, not much for foreign tourists). The people at the front desk answer was "We can't do anything about it, sorry". Anyway, we went up to our room and there was no hot water ! No other rooms were we could move, so we had to stick with this room.
The pool is always so very crowded, and very noisy as well. There's always a loud music that won't let you rest. And the beach is the worst part. THERE IS NO BEACH.
Just a little spot between the rocks were you can not swim, and also, in this beach you miss all the fun that's going on in the same beach, just 3 minutes away.
Very old elevators, rooms, etc
So my recommendation is, spend a few bucks more and stay at a hotel that has a decent beach.
Although location is very good, I woundn't recommend it for the world.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Harrisong
Reviewed August 2, 2007

This hotel has lots of great things about it and lots of really bad things about it.
Pros: It is located right on the beach in the middle of the tourist strip. Shops, restaurants and internet café right across the street. Each tower is shaped like a triangle so every room has a beautiful view of the bay. Each room has a balcony and kitchenette.

Cons: The rooms were old, and dirty. Many things in the room broke while we were there and maintenance was very slow in coming to fix them (toilet, shower, balcony door). The elevators were very slow. Some people in the front desk were great and some were terrible. You will have a hard time getting by in Acapulco if you don’t speak Spanish, especially with the staff at this hotel.

Stayed: January 2007
6  Thank JoeKo18
Reviewed May 20, 2007

I found the hotel on the internet and liked the location and the price, so booked it. We got pretty much what we paid for. The suite had a two burner hotplate and an under the counter refrigerator which worked, but was wobbly. The king sized bed was comfortable.

We did not eat at the hotel restaurant or use the pool, which was always occupied by dozens of people of all ages. Just didn't appeal to us. There are a couple of small overpriced convenience stores on the premise which we also didn't frequent, as there are a couple of real ones, Oxxo and Extra, within two blocks.
Overall, I wasn't disappointed, but thought the service could be improved. I don't plan to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank quintacarmen
Reviewed March 14, 2007

I'm really sorry to hear that some people had bad experiences at Las Torres. It's a very very old installation but while I was there, it looked like they made quite a bit of dough during spring break 'cause they were renovating EVERYTHING. Honestly, I LOVED our room. It was awesome, spacious, great AirConditioning, clean kitchenette. It's true the maids didn't over clean but they did what's necessary. My husband and I didn't go for the all inclusive, but we wished we did for basic necessities like vegetables. It seems that fruit and vegetables in Acapulco are all rotten! It was better at the buffet but I heard the actual meals were nasty.

The private beach is a disgrace but hey, NO PROBLEM, just head out to the strip walk for 3 minutes and you're on the rest of the beach/bay. The so-called private beach is basically a closed off section were really aggressive waves! So, avoid it, or stick to the pools.

Across the street from the hotel (and pretty much at every second corner) u'll find a restaurant called 100%NAtural. Even if you have an all inclusive, DO EAT THERE. It's super healthy, mostly vegetarian, and the waiter Fernando became a great friend of ours and we noticed the service improved drastically as we became friends. Try the CONGO or OASIS cocktails there... mmm! Only 25 pesos = $2,50.

You can exchange your money anywhere, from U.S.D to Pesos is the best deal, and the rates are pretty much the same everywhere. There's an exchange office just inside the hotel, and the guy who owns it is really sweet.

free calls to Canada & US, average of 5-20 minutes a day depending on whether people are waiting, but if nobody's there, u can talk forever), and u can use the internet as often as u want (20 minutes at a time) , the safety deposit box is included no matter what and its such a relief having one (mucho importante!!) The staff are nice, respectable, and stay outta your hair.

I REALLY LIKED THIS HOTEL... but clearly, it depends on the person and what you're looking for.

Stayed: March 2007