Let me preface by saying that I used to work in the Hotel / Restaurant industry and have traveled a fair amount (domestic and abroad). With that said, I usually travel with an open mind and only have minimal or no expectations whatsoever, so my reviews are honest and accurate.
When we arrived, we were greeted by the valet staff (friendly and accommodating). From there it sorta went downhill. When we made the reservations, we reserved 2 rooms (1 suite and 1 double) and requested they'd be adjoining or at least on the same floor as we had children and a senior citizen traveling with us. That was not the case, one was on the 12th (get off on the 11th and walk a flight of stairs) and the other was on the 7th floor. Mind you the hotel room on the 7th floor was much nicer than the so-called suite on the 12th floor. They had to issue remotes for the televisions and air conditioners, which would work intermittently. Beside the remotes, here are a list of discrepancies or structural damages:
* no trash cans (called 5 times before receiving one)
* no towels
* no blankets for the pull out sofa (futon) and only 1 pillow
* no a/c vent in the bathroom - so when the sun was shining in the bathroom, turned it into a sauna (suite)
* bathroom door/latch was broken so couldn't close (suite)
* no clocks
*windows did not open in the suite
We were never explained or told that the hotel owned some beach chairs/umbrellas for guests use, so we had to rent from a local vendor. Not really a big issue. We didn't eat in the restaurant so to be fair, we can't give it a review. Anyhow, we were very disappointed with the accommodations and service or shall I say, lackthereof. After giving the El Presidente a chance to redeem themselves for two days, we decided to contact RCI and file a complaint. The end result, we were relocated to a much more suitable and comfortable property. I would have hate having our vacation ruined by a hotel but that's exactly what occurred at the El Presidente.
I consider myself a very fair traveler but this was absolutely one of the worst hotel I have ever stayed!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The President Hotel has 160 rooms on 12 floors, currently has 5 floors completely remodeled. Located in the best area of Acapulco Bay, easy access to shopping malls, sports centers, discos, bars, restaurants and the best view of the bay ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel El Presidente Acapulco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Presidente Acapulco Hotel Acapulco
- El Presidente Hotel Acapulco
- Acapulco El Presidente Hotel
- Hotel Presidente Acapulco