Las Brisas Acapulco(Acapulco)(Great Value!)
$104
Pierre Mundo Imperial(Acapulco)(Great Value!)
$80
$216
$59
  • Pool
Fiesta Americana Villas Acapulco(Acapulco)(Great Value!)
$64
Elcano Hotel(Acapulco)(Great Value!)
$57
Emporio Acapulco Hotel(Acapulco)(Great Value!)
$60
$57
$64
BestDay.com
Hotel Encanto(Acapulco)
$218
$158
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $219/night.

Banyan Tree Cabo Marques(Acapulco)
$480
$385
Cancelon
2,193 results
All reviewschula vistapyramid towerwalk in closetgolf coursepierre marqueshotel chargesocean viewbreakfast buffetkids clubbeach barsalt waterhotel groundsthe beach is nicecoffee makertennis courtscliff diversmexico city
Reviewed January 7, 2006

We took our kids on a last minute trip to the Acapulco Fairmont Princess over Christmas break. After staying there, I thought that the reviews we read before booking the trip were pretty generous in their rating!

The pool areas and beach were outstanding, minus some minor renovations that need to be done to the main pool house and a few of the pools. The rooms were simply unacceptable for the high price we paid. OLD is an understatement! How about $10 lamps, a 13" TV, and the original bathroom fixtures and furniture from the 70's? It was like being in an old Red Roof Inn in Tennessee!!

In agreement with other reviews, the food was expensive and average at best, and although the employees were nice, there was very little guidance given upon arrival. The "bellboy" pointed towards the beach and said "we have several pools and the beach is out there". We were not given a map of the property, told how the pool services worked, shown any activity schedules, or introduced to the restaurants. We were left to figure it all out on our own - which is not what we are used to at full-service resorts. Lastly, there were not many activities for teens. There's a Kids Klub for up to age 11. Other than the beach, there's not much else for teens to do. It would have been great if there were evening beach parties, ping-pong, an arcade, etc. (Our kids can't do the sun for 8 hours at a time, so they got bored on occasion.)

We walked to Wal-Mart a few times and purchased water and snacks to save on meal costs. We'd recommend that to everyone. We also ate at a few great places - Sucasa and Kookaburra were outstanding, and Senor' Frogs was fun, as expected. We hired a taxidriver for a personalize afternoon tour and that was a great way to see the city without being stuck on a bus with a bunch of strangers and only stopping at the main places.

We've been to Cabo San Lucas, and we much preferred that destination. We would definitely go back there again over Acapulco.

• Stayed: January 2006
13  Thank Minnerbug
Reviewed December 27, 2005

We just came back on Monday December 12 from our honeymoon in Acapulco. Let me start by saying that Acapulco was not our first honeymoon choice and it was our first time in Mexico. We were originally going to Cancun but thanks to the bad weather, we found paradise. Our WONDERFUL travel agent recommends this hotel to us and I could not have picked anything better myself.

When we drove down the long road to the hotel, I could not believe my eyes. The hotel was more than I expected it to be. When you walk in the hotel greats you with a lobby that is all open to the outside. Since it was cold here in New York this was a bonus for us. When we entered into our hotel room, I was blown away. Our room was in the main building on the 12th floor. Our room was big and had an amazing view of the ocean and pool area. We slept with the sliding doors open every night and feel asleep to the sound of the ocean. There was a big walk in closet and a bathroom with a vanity area right outside. From reading some past reviews on the hotel I know that there were some complaints about the rooms needing some updating but in all honesty I did not come into contact with that. Again, we stayed in the main hotel so I am not sure what the other ones look like but I would not let the conditions of the rooms deter you from staying at this hotel.

Pools
The pool areas were just as amazing as the hotel. When we went, there was really no one at the hotel except on the weekend and even then, we still had prime choice of seating. There are 5 pools at the hotel. One of them has a swim up bar which was a major attraction to us. The pool bar tends to get crowded so the service there could be on the slower side. There is a salt pool, which has a water slide in it. I just want to warn people that the slide lets you out on the side of the pool where you cannot get out so you have to swim across to the other end. I would not recommend it for little kids who are not good swimmers. The hotel does offer a chairs and tents at the beach for $20. If you spend more that $20 on food and drinks, which is easy to do, they do not charge you for the chairs and tent. If you walk closer to the beach, the natives also charge you for chairs and tents. I know that they were cheaper but I am not sure by how much. One the beach you can also rent a horse, 4 wheeler, and jet skis.

Restaurants
The restaurants out the hotel were excellent. We ate at all of them and we really did not have any complaints. All of the restaurants have the option of choosing off a menu or having a buffet. I personally liked the buffet so I could try foods I would not order normally. I have to say that out favorite was La Hacienda. La Hacienda was very romantic with good food. They had the Mariachis band that walks around from table to table and it was so great. My now husband and I never sit at a meal for hours but this place just puts you in a trance and we must of been there for 3 hours just enjoying the atmosphere. There is a small deli in the hotel, which is nice if you just want something small to eat. I believe it is open 24 hours but I am not positive.

Unfortunately, during my stay, I had to see the hotel doctor and I have to say I was a little nervous at first but he was a lot better than I expected. I had a kidney stone attack and he gave me the same medicine that I would get if I were in the states. When I came home and saw my doctor, he told me the same thing as the hotel doctor so I was happy with the care that I received there. He does not take any insurance but I saw 3 times and he gave me 4 prescriptions and it cost me $130 American dollars, which is a lot cheaper that here anyway.

We did travel into the main city of Acapulco, which was about 15 minutes. The cabs do charge you $15 each way but I have to say that it was so worth it. We had numerous cab drives take us where we wanted to go and then they would wait for us to be done and take us back to the hotel. They did not pressure us to hurry up and they would not take any money until we were back at the hotel. It was also nice not to stay on the strip so you could appreciate the quiet and not the confusion of the city.

• Stayed: December 2005
16  Thank sunflwr29
Reviewed December 13, 2005

We have stayed at the Princess several times over the last decade. The last time we visited was in Dec 2000. It hasn't changed much since then. It is a beautiful hotel but in need of room renovation. The pool tiles could use some attention as well. It's not quite up to Fairmont standards in that respect. Prices are high for food and beverage and they do not allow you to bring food and beverage on property but will rent you a refrigerator for your room? We thought this was quite odd. The food was lackluster for the most part. The lone exception was Tabachin at the Pierre Marques. That restaurant was top notch in food and service. Service people at the hotel were unerringly friendly. During the week the pools were uncrowded. The weekends picked up in activity with the arrival of some conventions and Mexican nationals on vacation. I doubt that we will stay at the Princess again. What once was the jewel of Mexico is now outshined by several resorts.

• Stayed: December 2005
4  Thank Cynthia F
A TripAdvisor Member
New York
Reviewed October 29, 2005

Nice beach, pool. Architecture inside especially is really nice. Staff were friendly, pleasant and helpful. We really had a nice stay - BUT here are the annoying points we noted.

Don't look for anything to be included in the price of the room. It seems that everything "costs extra." Many American hotel chains graciously provide certain amenities, from toothpaste to internet. Not Fairmont - at least not in Acapulco. Also the plumbing fixtures are vintage 1970s, so when you shower, don't be surprised by the tiles in the bathroom.

Sign up for Fairmont's freq guest club, so at least you can get some freq. flier points.

• Stayed: October 2005
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 14, 2005

My husband, I, and two young children, stayed at the Acapulco Princess for 8 days. It was nice. We had great weather. The hotel was fairly empty, with mostly mexican tourists. The property is very nice, with flamingoes, and swans, and five huge swimming pools with waterfalls. A lot of times, we had the pools to ourselves. They have a pool attendant who will help you with your towels. They also have a swim up bar, and you can order food from any of the pools. The service was pretty good.

The rooms are where it gets inconsistent. Our room was very so-so. We have stayed in nicer Holiday Inns in the states. The pipes were creaky. The shower rod was rusty. The room looked dated. The tv is old, but at least our remote control worked, compared to the other reviewers. The drawers get stuck when you pull open/closed. The rooms need to be renovated/refurbished. I didn't think housekeeping did such a great job cleaning or replenishing towels. However, the beds were comfortable, even though I thought the pillows smelled weird. Our room was large, with a walk in closet and a lock box for your valuables. I've read that they are in the process of renovating the rooms.

The Willow Stream Spa is amazing, though. Really first class, with lots of thoughtful touches and amenities. We loved the spa. It was so gorgeous and serene. They have an amazing gym, too. Very new, with new equipment. If you go there to use the spa, ask them to see what spa packages they have. Pick up a brochure when you arrive. They offer really good package deals that are not advertised on their sites.

The hotel also has a free kids club. They have scheduled activities during the high season, but since it wasn't busy when we went, they didn’t offer that. We just brought the kids in to play a little bit. There was also a small kids playground.

The restaurants were good, with good quality food. We had the buffet breakfast package, and they had an extensive selection of food. Dinner buffet was pretty good, too. The waiters are very helpful.

We used the babysitting service one night, and went out dancing. We had no problems with the babysitting service.

We took the shuttle over to the Pierre Marques one day and swam over there. Their pool is beautiful, too.

Right when we were leaving, the hotel was starting a medical convention with over 900 medical professionals arriving. It was getting so chaotic. We were glad we were leaving at the right time. I read that they might close off certain restaurants or areas for the convention, so if that bothers you, you might want to check it out ahead of time.

Here’s a tip – if you decide on this hotel, sign up to be a member of the President’s Club. It’s free, and you get perks such as Express Check-In, spa discounts, free gym, etc… However, make sure you have your number with you and remind them when you check in. I signed up two months before I traveled and they did not have my number on file. I did not realize it until I was watching a commercial on tv about their President’s Club. So, 4 days after checking in, I inquired, and showed them my President’s Club confirmation print out (I am pretty organized sometimes), and all of a sudden, we got much better service, such as room turndown, free newspaper and bottled water, etc. I was a little annoyed how we missed 4 days worth of these perks.

• Stayed: August 2005