“Hotel and facilities top class.”

Princess Mundo Imperial
Ranked #10 of 179 Hotels in Acapulco
Glasgow, Scotland
“Hotel and facilities top class.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Excellent hotel and facilities including own golf club. Although being nearly forty years old this hotel still shows how top hotels should operate and look after its customers.

Frequent taxi service to downtown Acapulco which is not what it was in its heyday forty years ago - but still worth a visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Arthur-R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Loveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I was here in 2012 and thoroughly enjoyed it. There was some renovation going on but did not effect the overall resort. Prices were reasonable for the full service received would I walk around the premises outside the gate no, but the grounds and beach are very enjoyable. Check it out.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

The Princess has been around for a while. It was the first of its kind in Acapulco and although there have been many new ones built near it, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the quality and standards continue to be maintained as when it was brand new.

The hotel, despite being over 40 years old, is impeccable. There seems to be no scrimping on maintenance. I found no hint of anything old or unkempt. The rooms were very well maintained, the common areas as well, and I can say I was impressed.

The service was also very good. At the pool bar, when I saw an employee there, I ordered a drink. It turned out he was merely doing inventory and the pool bar was not going to be open due to the fact that it was low season, and when I expressed my disappointment, he personally went to fetch us our drink orders.

The breakfast buffet was extremely well supplied with a wide variety of great food, including a quesadilla bar, egg bar, fruits, all kinds of breads, etc., etc.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and plan to go back again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Traveled here for business and it was fabulous! The open air lobby immediately set the stage for this beautiful resort. The tropical pool area was wonderful and had great options for kids and a refreshing swim up bar for adults. Every night, we enjoyed chips and the house guacamole (divine!) and watched the sunset.

Not sure that I'd swim in the ocean along the beach here because some times the water isn't clean there and there were quite a few peddlers. Instead enjoy water activities and gorgeous ocean views from the pool area.

The staff was wonderful and arranged for nice tours to the nearby cliff divers. Also, they arranged for a taxi to take us shopping into town. The taxi driver stayed with us the entire time and escorted us in the shops. This was a wonderful service and well worth paying a little more to ensure our safety and make sure we weren't taken advantage of while bartering for souvenirs.

The golf course is also wonderful and is ideal for business or pleasure. Conference facilities were nice and the outdoor parties they hosted were authentic and relaxing.

Would recommend this this resort for families, couples and business!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Cuernavaca, Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have just checked inn at the Fairmont Acapulco, with my family. Having been here many times in my life I'm so happy to be back. The check in was terrible the lady at the front desk whispered and made me ask her many times to tell me again the information for none of us could hear her. The check in was not what you expect of a Fairmont resort.
Then I had to wait for the valet parking guy, he told me to wait, while he had things to do. Had to look for the bellman and then for my bags. There is so many employees at the lobby and somehow no one is helping the guest that arrive.
Finally made it to our suite. I specifically booked a sea front room, the price was twice changed and I did my booking on the phone. I called front desk to ask why my view is to the rooftop of the laundry room, I attached picture, they tell me I didn't book a sea view, and that they can't do anything. I can go and wait in the front room and see what they can arrange. I ask where I can complain, and costumer service, says I can go with the concierge and talked it out. For there is nothing they can do. It makes me feel so special, and I want to change hotels, but my weekend could be lost and I will receive no quality service, I attach a picture of my lovely suite view.

Room Tip: Make sure it says in your confirmation email, you have a sea view, and everything you want, if not y...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SergioLeon33

Travelers are raving about these Acapulco hotels

NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Yes the stories are True,,,Check-in and Out can be HELL,,,We saw huge lines in both Directions, Hours to get in and out...We were Lucky and checked-in at 8.30pm and Checked-out the night before leaving...

Food was amazing for a Hotel, in room breakfast was a steal for 170mxn. Lobster was super good and could not have been out of the water more then a few days..

The Breakfast Buffet was a "War Zone" !!!!!! Forget It if your in the relax zone, otherwise you"ll Think your in a traffic Jam...

Beach was Lots of Fun and a real people Watcher place...Great waves for buggy boarding..

The Spa? Although there is a very Obnoxious guy that greets you between the locker room and waiting area for your massage, the women we had Maria Carmen and Luz,,, it was ONE OF THE BEST EVER!!!! Seriously!

The Suite in the new building on the corner was just PERFECT,,,

Room Tip: Pick the new Tower..
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Mexico City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

We recently spent four nights at the Fairmont Acapulco Princess. Once again we were treated to a wonderful corner suite with a wrap-around balcony and an amazing view of one of Acapulco's Bays. The hotel is old, yes, but you wouldn't know it from the renovations that are being done. Our room was quite lovely and we had absolutely no complaints. Elevators are extremely fast in the main tower despite so many rooms. The hotel does suffer from the problem of beach cabanas that do not belong to the hotel and do obscure the view of the ocean, but from what I understand you cannot deny people access to the beach - this is public land. And you can walk a bit further down to the Pierre Marques and have a lovely view of the beach there (and an excellent meal). All in all this was a great trip. And safe! You can see the pictures below.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room with an ocean view. Not sure if they cost a lot more but well worth the extra...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple