i have been there 5 times now. Mostly for work during the week and recently for a weekend for pleasure.
The main building i have stayed for work have often thought is tired and in need of freshening. The rooms are spacious enough but the facilities are old. Bathroom fixtures tell the age. Electrical outlets to connect a phone charger or laptop are hard to find and few. But why worry about that because there is no wireless internet in room. I had to go to the hallway to get service. Even then, and in the conference rooms, service was spotty and slow. the age of things shows again in that they will charge $185mnx per day for wireless service elsewhere, when you can get it. if that was my only knowledge i would not recommend the place as there many other options that are nicer and for the money... well. i expected more. When i iquired about a personal stay the OTC rate was $4800mnx a night for 4 of us. Even the corporate rate was not much better. Online is definately the way to go with room rates from $148 usd with breakfast included.
So we took a chance and booked for 2 days, adding a 3rd (which i had to do as a seperate booking as the front desk couldnt extend me on their own). We were given a room in the north wing which is i think the newest of the 3. Here was more to my expectations. The one element being the bathrooms - the door to the toilet/ shower lets every note come into the rest of the room. (I really dont need to hear other people doing their business). Beds are plenty comfortable. Buffett is plentiful, just watch out for the birds, and i wish the friut was more than a fly trap.
Pools and beach was great. On the weekend the place fills with weekenders from DF. All in all if you want to R&R this is a good place to do just that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Princess Mundo Imperial: A WORLD FAVORITE. Located in Acapulco, consider one of the top beach destinations worldwide,offering to their visitors a warm tropical climate throughout all year. Special magic of this paradise makes Princess Mundo Imperial one of the favorite of the treavelers, located at Revolcadero Beach, at Zona Diamante consider the best area in Acapulco, just a only few minutes from the Acapulco International Airport. Traditional 15-storey Aztec pyramid-shaped building, lush gardens, 5 pools, two exclusive golf courses, fine dining restaurants and one of the largest meeting spaces in Acapulco, satisfy the wishes of the most distinguished guests of the world. Discover Pearl Perla, a luxurious building within the Princess Mundo Imperial, offers exclusive accommodations, finest facilities and services, in where contemporary design becomes sophisticated luxury - unique experience in order to satisfy our sophisticated guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Princess Mundo Imperial reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Acapulco Princess Hotel Acapulco
- Fairmont Acapulco Princess
- Acapulco Princess Hotel
- Acapulco Fairmont