I have been staying several times per year at the Fairmont Princess in Acapulco for more than five years now, but after four very bad experiences in this place I finally had to accept that Fairmont Princess is nothing but a shadow of what it used to be and could have been today.
When you arrive you are checked in by a very inexperienced person, and if you want to check in with a debit card, they want to charge you all the nights and in addition also an amount for you to spend during your stay.
When asked why they do like this in contrary to normail policy of other five star hotels all over the world, I was answered that they are afraid I will not pay my bills, sign with incorrect names in order to avoid payments, and more reasons from criminally related inspirations.
The beach and pool area, the restaurants and spa etc. is no longer sufficient for the number of rooms available after they have built two more buildings with rooms and no extra facilities.
They have tried to compensate for this by charging you approximately 25USD to use the beach area, and no, this is in no way included in the price of the room in spite of the fact that you pay a high price (min.200USD) per night on a BEACH resort.!
I have now moved to Banyan Tree resort instead as, this is by no standards whatsoever qualified to be a five star resort anymore.
No maintenance, poor service, ridiculous accusations of mistrust and at the same time an attitude of arrogance.
Unskilled staff with only one qualification: Low price.
The Fairmont Acapulco Princess have become a very expensive Holiday Inn, but with poorer service.
This is sad, as there is all the potential for a real five star resort if the management and staff would just realize that the guests are a higher priority than their profits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Princess Mundo Imperial: A WORLD FAVORITE. Located in Acapulco, consider one of the top beach destinations worldwide,offering to their visitors a warm tropical climate throughout all year. Special magic of this paradise makes Princess Mundo Imperial one of the favorite of the treavelers, located at Revolcadero Beach, at Zona Diamante consider the best area in Acapulco, just a only few minutes from the Acapulco International Airport. Traditional 15-storey Aztec pyramid-shaped building, lush gardens, 5 pools, two exclusive golf courses, fine dining restaurants and one of the largest meeting spaces in Acapulco, satisfy the wishes of the most distinguished guests of the world. Discover Pearl Perla, a luxurious building within the Princess Mundo Imperial, offers exclusive accommodations, finest facilities and services, in where contemporary design becomes sophisticated luxury - unique experience in order to satisfy our sophisticated guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Princess Mundo Imperial reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Acapulco Princess Hotel Acapulco
- Fairmont Acapulco Princess
- Acapulco Princess Hotel
- Acapulco Fairmont