“I recommend this hotel”
Review of Elcano Hotel

Elcano Hotel
Ranked #16 of 168 Hotels in Acapulco
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I came far away from Indonesia and it took me and my family 2 days to reach Acapulco. Stayed here for five nights during winter holiday, Hotel is great with the great view and amazing beach. Room was very big, clean and decorated very much like a boat, we can tell the age of the hotel but it is very well maintained. The staff are great and polite. I took the unlimited package where foods and beverages are free which allowed me to drink the whole day in the pool bar and the beach. I had blast ! and i recommend this hotel !

Room Tip: Sea View !
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Daniel Vince G

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We were not in Acapulco for a vacation. We were there because I needed to see an eye specialist. We booked this hotel as we had stayed there 23 years ago with my parents and were sort of looking forward to changes. There were none that we could tell and we loved it. The hotel was clean, well staffed, and looked the same as it looked before. That is not a bad thing. It was very well maintained.

On some review I read that the beds were really hard. I think the beds were good. The first place I have actually seen a box springs and a mattress. Normally it is a concrete slab with the mattress on top.

The only negative thing is they still have the old idea of mini bars. Pay $1000 pesos deposit and have access to the mini bar. Pay for what you use I can only assume. What we wanted was a refrigerator to keep things cold. They do have ice on each floor and we had a small cooler so we were good with that.

We thought the price was good and we will stay there again.

Room Tip: I think they are probably all good. We were on the top floor and the view was fantastic.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank zihuagirl
Reviewed March 26, 2012

This place is fantastic it is what Acapulco is all about. Comfortable rooms, good air-conditioning great beach, the food is great, best breakfast I ever ate. I had Montezuma’s Revenge (from elsewhere in Mexico) when we arrived in Acapulco, the Hotel Doctor was fantastic he had me out and about in 48 hours. A previous occupant had been washing sand clothes in the bathroom sink and the plumbing was full of sand but the problem was rectified immediately when we reported it. The open air design of the place is great. it is so nice to sit in the bar and have the ocean breeze blowing through the place in the evening. Room service was great.
I can’t give a higher recommendation.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Traveler-Tim-Melb
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Returned for my sixth time. Staff has worked there for years and years. Very atentive service. great time. book their "all most all inclusive!" It's a deal. Very well run hotel. very accommodating! Bar service on the beach.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jsr451211
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I loved the view and the service was great in the room and restaurant even if the rooms are old fashion they are kept immaculate and the TV works great. I will go back to El Cano next year and hopefully over and over. Keep up the good work and this goes for all of Acapulco: I felt safe during the day and night!!!

Room Tip: Get a room on the 5th floor or higher (you will still hear the ocean)
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lillyfe
Reviewed February 3, 2012

just leaving a review of a trip to cozumel and noticed i did not leave one for the ElCano. I just was thinking of all the great service I recieved last trip as my current trip was lacking in beach/poolside service I Will Be Back trip was in 2010 not2012

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ACAboundagain
Reviewed October 9, 2011

fine hotel but you are not allowed to have a long chair on the beach ridiculus

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo