I wrote a pretty extensive review of the facilities etc in a previous review, so won't go over all that again. But I just returned to this hotel after a two-year gap and in my opinion it is even better now. So here are the reason's it has gained a star:
1 - When we came before, it was low season. This time the hotel was 100% occupied, there were people arriving as we checked in that were turned away, not one room available. This is normally when the strain on the facilities starts to show at hotels - will there be enough staff to cope? Enough sun loungers, enough beach towels, enough space around the pools, long waits for the elevators? Well, there were no problems on any count. The facilities here coped admirably under 100% use. When sun loungers ran out, they brought more. The pools are large enough to cope. Plenty of staff around. Four fast elevators meant there were no problems. Perhaps the only time we noticed was with the parking - they seemed a little swamped at times, but we didn't need access to our car from arrival to departure so for us it wasn't an issue. So rest assured that the installations in this hotel are perfectly matched to the number of rooms it holds.
2) The quality of the service is even better than before, the staff were excellent and if anything, even more discreet and professional. Last time we got a medium-intense timeshare pitch on arrival (free breakfast etc). This time we went through the same filter, but they have improved their discrimination - one or two quick questions answered and that was it. We aren't interested, and wouldn't ever be interested, and they also picked up on this very quickly, and never even went for the hard sell. Most professional.
3) The beach area is improved, with shades, umbrellas and loungers down there. There is a charge for "reservation" of these, but if you go later in the day (around 4 or later) they don't bother. Also there are are two lifeguards on duty from 7am to 5pm, which wasn't the case two years ago. In any case, be wary of the swell.
4) The music in the pool area is improved - last time, booming cheesy poppy rubbish, this time, much more chilled out jazzy covers & electronic downtempo. And all at a much more respectable volume. This really helped with the ambience.
5) While in the pool I found one of the underwater lights had come loose from it's housing, exposing a metal ring that could cause an injury. Reported it to a member of staff and within an hour the maintenance guys were there in their shorts & goggles, sorting out an underwater repair job.
6) I didn't see a single broken installation - sunshades, loungers, chairs, tables, everything in good repair, same story in our room as well.
In short, whereas everything was fine on our previous visit, this time it was excellent. Somebody somewhere has sat down and said "OK, we're good, but how can we be better still?". Little details matter, and somebody is paying attention to them. I had the impression that the management are truly taking pride in their hotel and their levels of customer service. They should be commended. So a jump from four to five stars. Check my other reviews - I don't throw those around like confetti!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Fiesta Americana Villas Acapulco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Americana Villas Acapulco Hotel Acapulco
- Fiesta Americana Hotel Acapulco
- Fiesta Americana Acapulco
- Acapulco Fiesta Americana