“A good hotel with fantastic views”

Fiesta Americana Villas Acapulco
Ranked #5 of 167 Hotels in Acapulco
GreenLeadersGold level
London
“A good hotel with fantastic views”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed here while on business, rather than for vacation, and was very satisfied.

The hotel seems to have plenty of staff, so valet parking and check-in were very quick and simple. The staff spoke good English (I speak virtually no Spanish) and were always happy to help.

I booked a double room at a rate of $119 per night and was very pleased with my room, which was large, with two big double beds, a good bathroom and shower with complimentary toiletries, satellite TV with Spanish and American channels, and a good wifi connection - which was free with the deal I booked.

The hotel's big plus is the views on offer - just amazing - which you can enjoy from a large balcony. The hotel is right on the beach, and if you book the right room, your balcony will be over the sea.

I didn't get to try out all the facilities, but the pool looks great, and I love the way some sun beds are located in shallow water, so you can literally roll off your bed into the water - towels are available near the pool. If you prefer the beach, well, you couldn't find a hotel with better access - walk straight onto the sand from the hotel premises.

Having driven the full length of the strip in Acapulco, I think this hotel is definitely located in the best part of town. There is a Starbucks located by the hotel entrance, and you're close to local bars and restaurants, as well as small supermarkets, a McDonalds and some clothing stores - Tommy Hilfiger, Quiksilver etc.

Of course, Acapulco is a party town, and so being in close proximity to bars and clubs, there is a fair bit of noise and music - especially at the weekend. The hotel is also right on the main road, so there is traffic noise. I didn't have a problem sleeping but if you're looking for total peace and quiet, you won't get it here.

Acapulco is unfortunately developing a reputation for high crime, but I never felt at risk while visiting, and I definitely felt safe in this hotel. The rooms are secure, with an in-room safe and the hotel reception staff were also happy to exchange my dollars for pesos. The rooms were cleaned thoroughly each day, and I definitely recommend this hotel - I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank MendozaUK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have been staying at the Fiesta Americana Villas in Acapulco for many years. The staff is better than outstanding...from the General Manager - Alejandro, to Jesus' the Guest Manager, to Enrique the pool Manager....they all make you feel like part of their family and go out of their way to make sure everything is great. The Hotel is spotless and they are spending alot of money to maintain the high levels of comfort. We spend at least four weeks here and not one day has been anything less than perfect. The views of Acapulco Bay are beautiful. The beach is awesome. The location on the Condessa is perfect for restaurants and entertainment. Feel comfortable hopping on the busses and riding to other parts of the Condessa. DO NOT believe the media regarding Acapulco. Acapulco is way safer than most US cities. We have been going to Acapulco for over 30 years and feel very safe and secure. The weather can not be beat....

Room Tip: Want sunset views and party noise...West side...East side is quieter. The Suites are VERY nice, wit...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Pinellas Park, Florida
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This was my fifth year staying at the Fiesta and it has easily become my home away from home. From the moment I step out of the airport shuttle until I step back in on my departure, I am welcomed by the great staff and made to feel at home and the begininning of another great stay begins. Most of the staff remember me from prior years. I love having a junior suite and make sure I always get a room on the east side and as high up as I can get. Rooms on the west side tend to be noisier. They have been doing some soft renovations this year including new mattresses which were not as hard as they have been in the past and painting the outside of the hotel. Free wifi is now also being offered with a fast connection and you can get it at the upper pool too. The location of this hotel can't be beat--right in the heart of the Condessa area near restaurants and nightlife.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are quieter. The closer to the bay and the higher up you can get, the better...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank acajane
Queretaro City, Mexico
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I just came back from Acapulco. It was a long time I did not visit this city and I was very pleased to see the beaches are very clean and safe.
I stayed in this Fiesta Americana hotel, which is in the middle of the bay and the night life.
Rooms are very comfortable and have a great view of the bay.
Maybe one inconvenient, if you are looking for a quiet place, is the music and noise at night, because most of the bars around the area are open in front of the beach and even if you are in floor 14 you can hear the music. Maybe if you ask a room of the east side you will not hear it.
Pools and beach are nice.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the east side to avoid noise from the clubs around.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mexwanderer
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We arrived without reservations and found town to be very busy. The only room left was a two room suite for $250 - way over our budget. A (timeshare) salesman snagged us as we left to look for another room in this busy resort, and for sitting through a 90 minute presentation the price would be $130 a night.
Fantastic room with a view of the ocean and the busy street 13 floors below. Great water pressure and plenty of hot water, the internet was fast. Everything in the room worked perfectly, all staff were helpful.
The noise from the disco - referred to earlier as the world's loudest disco was unbelievable. We were on the 13th floor and close to the street. The second night I took a Benedryl and screwed expanding foam earplugs into my head and slept like a baby.
There was a fee for parking (150 pesos for 2 nights for a motorcycle), a fee for sitting on a plastic chair on the beach (50 pesos) but there was a free washer and dryer - something very rare these days.

Room Tip: Get a room as high and as far away from the street as possible.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bill E
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had room 934 we had a great ocean view from our balcony. the room was very nice we had a safe that would fit a laptop, strong WiFi signal. refrigerator. the resort has 2 real nice pools we never had to go with out a chair then walking down to the beach there are several places you can rent chairs, table and a umbrellas for less that 50 Pesos. The location is in the center of lots of restaurants. cabs and busses right out front readily available next time I am in Acapulco I will stay here again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul C
San Diego, California
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Located right in the heart of Acapulco's "Zona Dorada" so it's fairly well located. I went there on business but it was a mexican holiday, my goodness it got crowded! I stayed on the north side of the hotel and it was very noisy, even with headphones and an episode of Seinfeld on a loop. They moved me to the top floor and to the south side and it was beautiful. Rooms are maintained, comfortable beds, good AC and everything you need for a long stay. Beach access a bit complicated but a nice stretch of beach.

Room Tip: Choose south side of the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business