“Perfect to spent a vacation with the family”
Review of Alba Suites

Alba Suites
Ranked #68 of 169 Hotels in Acapulco
Reviewed January 7, 2011

Hotel was not near the bars and discos strip, which was what we wanted . We have two kids and they enjoyed the pools and spent a lot of time in the water slide. Next to the yatch club, very convenient if you want to rent a boat! It has a little beach and access to sea, but if you want a big beach you have Caleta and Caletilla 10 min away. Food ws great and reasonable priced, as well as the drinks. Personnel was very accomodating, even though the hotel was full because of Christmas vacation. Even with that, we had a very relaxing vacation and we plan to come back. Weather was excellent! Good deal for your money.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank pvalenc1

Reviewed April 1, 2010

You have a view of the bay, you have you own kitchen if you need to prepare something.
Taxis are really cheap if you want to go to the most beautiful beaches.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GustavoBuenosAires
Reviewed April 18, 2009

Acapulco was not all we dreamed, but our one saving grace was the hotel. It was far off the beaten path, well away from the nightlife and the urine smell of downtown. The room was great and came with a kitchenette which was wonderful. There was a coffee maker in the room, but no coffee provided. The waterslide was awesome and the four other pools were enough to keep our son entertained every day. It was pretty hard to find, and we just got lucky, but be sure to call and ask for directions, if you're driving. The resturant was alright, but nothing to write home about. We were given a free contintial breakfast when we got there, so if you ask for it when you check it they'll probably give it to you too. They did have internet available. It was 30 pesos for our entire stay, but we could only use it at the resturant or lobby. The bar had a happy hour and they gave continued to give my husband happy hour prices even after happy hour was over. The staff was nice and they spoke plenty of English.
On an unrelated not, when heading to the beaches of Acapulco, go to the hotel district because the beach is much cleaner. Although, I don't think there is any way to avoid the crowds as all the beaches are public and even the hotel beach access is just sand access and you'd have to wade through the masses to get to the water.

Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank brendasue513
Reviewed February 25, 2007

My husband and I stayed there for 4 nights and this hotel is in the old Acapulco it is away from all the night life and the shopping.

If you don't mind having to catch a taxi every time you want to go down town and drive about 10-15 minutes away then you should be fine the hotel is okay.I expected a more modern type of Hotel but If you are going with your kids and don't want to spend alot of money this is the place for you. The staff are very friendly and they try to accomodate you as much as possible.
I dont recommend eating at the hotel the food is not good. For a couple of dollars more you can have a great meal at La Costera.
I highly recommend the cliffdivers at La Quebrada it is worth 35 pesos they charge you per person.BE VERY ALERT WITH THE TIME SHARE PEOPLE THEY TELL YOU IT IS NOT TIME SHARE BUT THAT IT IS AN INVESTMENT AND THEY ARE VERY!!!! PUSHY SPECIALLY AT THE MAYAN PALACE ONCE YOU SAY NO IT SHOULD MEAN NO. Once you get to the airport be ware they are just waiting to see who falls for the scam.

Other than that Acapulco is a party town more like for Party people.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank booboos
Reviewed January 16, 2007

Acapulco is a very expensive place now, so if this is your first time there, DON"T stay at Alba Suites, because this is not the real Acapulco you're looking for ... so be ready to pay more then!
However, I have been there several times to Acapulco, so I just need a comfortable place to sleep, I rent a car and travel wherever I want, so this is a good deal. It has a kitchenette, which I love so I can have my own food if I don't feel like eating out. The hotel is quite big, spread out on several units of 2 floors each, the pools are in between these units. Considering its size and openess I think it is very very clean, but on the other hand it is noisy during the day, specially all the kids in the pool. It's not near the beach whatsoever, but sits on a hill with a nice breeze, unfortunately no views to the sea from most rooms, I guess only one of the outdoor terraces.
This hill is located in the old part of Acapulco, so you do need to go all around the bay to get where "the action" really is, however, once back in the evening is deliciously quiet !! which I like, unlike the expensive hotels on the costanera that deal with the noise of bars and people outside the streets. If you don't have a car, I think outside you can take a typical Acapulco taxi, VW black bug.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
8  Thank GRojas
A TripAdvisor Member
Windsor, Ontario
Reviewed March 8, 2004

Suites Alba was an absolute pleasure. The rooms were clean and the staff exceptionable. They were always working on something and always went out of their way to help.

There was 8 of us that went and they made sure we were all in the same building. The pools(5) were very nice.

We all had a small kitchenette which was very helpful considering we stayed for 16 days.

Retired or semi-retired people will find this very enjoyable.

Thanks again

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Ashland, or
Reviewed September 6, 2003

Alba Suites was a great disappointment. When we arrived they showed us an old deteriorated suite that we would not accept. After complaining and not being allowed to leave without paying for one night, our party of four was given two adjoining rooms that were acceptable. The pools were overcrowded with families and the beach was on the polluted harbor. my wife wanted to leave immediately but because of their threats and the heat, we stayed for two nights -leaving two nights early back to mexico City. Bad hosts and environment. not close enough to downtown and restaurants without a car.

17  Thank A TripAdvisor Member