“R & R in Acapulco at Las Brisas 2/2/2012 -2/6/2012” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Las Brisas Acapulco

Las Brisas Acapulco
Ranked #4 of 179 Hotels in Acapulco
Houston, Texas
“R & R in Acapulco at Las Brisas 2/2/2012 -2/6/2012”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

Just returned from Acapulco last week.I consider this my best trip ever in my last 30 years of visiting Acapulco.I have always stayed at Las Brisas.Las Brisas was more beautiful than ever.My casita was perfect as always.Every facet of service was impeccable.The only thing that was upsetting was when I had to leave to come back to Houston (And reality).What a great resort.I could not have asked or recieved any better service than they gave me.
I did something I had never considered before and that was taking a tour of the city.I found a gentleman by the name of Roberto Alarcon who was highly recommended by a lot of contributers of Trip Advisor that I rely and respect their reviews on all my travels.Wow what a great tour I had.I did his Historical Tour that he offers and which is what I was interested in.He was very educated on everything I saw and did such as Diego Rivera murals,the San Diego Fort and Historical Museum and many other sites.Also I usaully rent a car ,but he provided all my transportation for my activities this time and I was very pleased with that.He was very professional and I will always use him while I am in Acapulco.
And to cap off my stay Sunday I fished with Chuy (Jesus Ruiz) who owns Blue Water Sport Fishing whom I have fished with for many years and had a wonderful time.He even flew the Texas flag that day on the boat for me (I was not expecting that).
What a great weekend ,it does not get any better than this.

Viva La Mexico
Thomas Harris
Houston,Texas

Room Tip: Always book the Brisas Beach Club casitas or higher.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank 56003Thomas_H
TULIP50, Guest Services at Las Brisas Acapulco, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Greetings from beautiful Acapulco:

This is just a short note to thank you very much for your wonderful review sent to Trip Advisor.
We are all happy to read your comments, since they show us we are on the right direction to our guest satisfaction.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your tour of historical sites in Acapulco.

Thank you again for sharing your experiences with others whom may be considering to stay with us.

Looking forward to have the pleasure of hosting you again and again receive warm regards from this Pink and White Paradise.

Sincerely.

Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Hungarian first
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

Las Brisas is very nice, very very romantic and very calm place for the perfect vacation if you just want to rest and sunbath and enjoy the sea! We stayed in junior suit, which was very beautiful, we had our own terrace and swimming pool, and super comfy king size bed :) every morning they bring your breakfast, room is super clean, every day decorated with fresh flowers, so you really feel taken care of :) Hotel is not on the beach, but in the mountains, it has fantastic view and if you want to go to the beach, they have beach club with two pools (sea water and fresh water) just on another side of a road, like 10 min away. Transportation is included, also to get from your room to reception or restaurants, because the territory is quite big. Only thing we found too expensive for the quality they are offering, was food, so we preferred to have a meal outside of Las Brisas. All the rest was wonderful!

Room Tip: Go for a little house with its own swimming pool - if you are a couple - it's definitely worth i...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Liga11234
TULIP50, Guest Services at Las Brisas Acapulco, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Just a short note to thank you very much for sending your comments to
Trip Advisor.

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your trip
your honey moon.

We are all delighted to know that you enjoyed your private pool and La Concha
Beach Club.

Thank you again for your nice comments and we look forward to have
the pleasure of hosting you and your family again in the near-future.

Sincerely.

Guest Services.
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

We stayed in Las Brisas for 3 days and two nights in January and were quite impressed by our stay. We also had the chance of being almost alone in the resort, since the rest of the guests were all parts of a TV crew that went shooting a telenovela every day, which meant the La Concha Beach Club was entirely ours! And by entirely, I mean entirely! Our casita had private pool and a view on the Acapulco bay, which was simply breath-taking, day and night. The entire hotel is designed in order to provide you with the most privacy possible, from the small "magic box" where breakfast is deposited every morning for you to enjoy without having to leave your room. Rooms are extremely pleasant, simple and elegantly decorated. I particularly liked the wall behind the bed with apparent stones. Cleanliness is impeccable. Service-wise we experienced a few regrettable and avoidable mishaps that slightly tarnished our stay, but will not prevent us in coming back, none the least:
- At check-in our credit card was declined when the front desk agent attempted in not a very confident way to take an authorisation to cover our extra charges. She assured us that nonetheless we could charge things on our room account as long as we would settle them upon check-out, which made perfect sense. However, the communication seemed to have not reached further, since every single purchase we made from then on, from a club sandwich via Room Service to a cocktail at the Bellavista restaurant resulted in us being told that we had to settle the check cash on the spot. Finally annoyed to have to explain the situation over and over again, we went back to Reception where magically our credit card was accepted on the first try, after being handled by the manager in charge.
- The next day, we headed down to the Beach Club La Concha where unfortunately I forgot my glasses. Back in our room I realised my glasses where missing and immediately informed them and asked if they could retrieve them and bring them back. Unfortunately, I was told that the Beach club had closed and that someone would be sent the next morning to retrieve them. Vacation mood helping, I agreed to spend an evening blind as a mole. However the next day, when asking whether my glasses had been found, nobody seemed to have a clue. The information had obviously not been shared and the receptionist, which happened to be the same one that previously struggled with my credit card authorisation, assured us she would inform us as soon as my glasses were found. One hour later, still no news. We called back and the only reply was: "Ah! Oh...yes, your glasses, I will send someone to look for them and let you know." Again, nothing had been done, which showed quite a lack of follow-up. Fortunately, my glasses were found later on, exactly where we knew we had left them the day prior.
- Finally, we went through a clumsy check-out process, where I was told that my extra charges would be charged on the credit card and the receipt received on my e-mail inbox. When checking what address they had, the young receptionist realised that actually, there was no e-mail attached with my profile...hem...could have finished with a better professional impression. These little incidents in our opinion denote a lack of communication and training from the front desk clerks, but as I said, our stayed remained overall fantastic and we would not hesitate to return!

PS: beware of the taxi fares to and from the hotel! To go to the same spot, it costed us 160 pesos, 100 pesos and finally just about 45 pesos using one local colectivo. And the hotel concierges are in the scheme to rip you off!

Room Tip: You basically have the choice between either a view on the Pacific, with breath-taking sunsets, or o...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank VM1987
TULIP50, Guest Services at Las Brisas Acapulco, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Dear Guest:

Greetings from sunny Las Brisas Acapulco!

Thank you very much for sending your comments to Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit with us.

First of all please accept an apology for any inconvenience
we may have caused you during your recent stay with us .

I would like to thank you for all your comments,
which will help us to improve our service

Looking forward the pleasure of opportunity of hosting you again in the- near-future.

Cordially

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

it´s nice a change in weather, from -20º to 30º, that´s funny. Something I love here is the Ocean sight, it looks like a thousand colors. The most important thing for me was dinner at the candle lights, something divine if you try is the lobster dish with mango´s sauce all over it, it´s simple delicious. The torchs around the swimming pool look spectacular, of course together with national wine, I don´t know it could be Monte Xanic vintage.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TULIP50, Guest Services at Las Brisas Acapulco, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
Dear Guest:

Greetings from beautiful Acapulco !

Just a short note to thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay
on Trip Advisor.

We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your private pool casita, and the wonderful view of Acapulco Bay.

Thank you again for posting and we all look forward to the pleasure of hosting you again and again in the near-future.

East Northport, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

This hotel was, by far, the most incredible place that I have ever stayed. Our "casita" was enormous and whenever we needed transportation, a jeep took us right down to the lobby. The restaurants & the bars were outstanding. My husband and I really enjoyed the strawberry pina coladas from the bar overlooking the sunset on the water. If you are looking for a relaxing place, with little distraction and fabulous views then this is the place for you. So romantic! I cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Irish380
Laguna Beach, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

We have been staying at Las Brisas for almost 2 decades and return at least twice each year, if we're lucky. We thought it would be helpful to update our previous reviews on the hotel as well as Acapulco in general.

First, Acapulco: I still scratch my head about the negative publicity; in fact, it has become so intense recently that even I was concerned about returning. The media has completely overblown the security situation, to the point where I became increasingly frustrated over the misperception which is being perpetuated. But not to worry; the restaurants and bars are still busy, the streets are full of pedestrians day and night and the hotel was at 100% capacity (although, as is typical of Las Brisas, you would never know it, the hallmark of a great resort). So for those of you who are worried that you'd be vacationing in a ghost town, nothing could be further from the truth. You just won't see as many Americans and Canadians since we have all been brainwashed that a civil war is going on in Acapulco.

I always marvel at the way that Las Brisas seems to exude calm and relaxation. It's not done through a huge spa or a massive lobby. Since Acapulco is blessed with an unbeatable climate from November to June, the property takes full advantage of its best attributes: the weather and the views. Everything is geared towards being outside; the pool area, the outdoor deck with a large lounging pavillion, and even the jeeps which whisk guests up and down the steep hills. Everything is outdoors. And the views are hard to describe, even after having stayed there for over 20 years. Each time of day (and night) has a different feel, and they're all fantastic. Calm sunrises, brilliant sunny days, gorgeous pink & orange sunsets and the city lights which blanket the surrounding hills and reflect on the bay at night are intoxicating. Las Brisas takes advantage of all these elements and leaving them at the end of a stay is extremely painful.

We have had the benefit of staying in the same room at each visit (typical of the guest service received at Las Brisas: guests can reserve specific rooms) and it is always perfectly maintained. Sheets are crisp and lghtly scented; bath towels are massive, the hot water is endless and the flowers are everywhere (in the pool, on the counter, even nestled into the toilet paper). There's plenty of room to spend a few days or a few weeks, since you really have the use of not only the indoor space but also all the private outdoor spaces. When you think about the typical hotel with a lobby, hallways, elevators and a small balcony, Las Brisas tosses that concept on its ear.

We "strayed" last year and went to Cancun for the first time instead of Acapulco (we ended up returning in March to get our Las Brisas "fix"). What a jolt; many rainy days (what happened to that daily brilliant sunshine?), endless Americans (are we really in Mexico?) and polite but impersonal service. Acapulco has been in the "business" of tourism for over 60 years, and it shows. I imagine that if you visit some of the new resorts like Cancun or Cabo in 40 years, they may have it down by then the way Acapulco has it down now. And this doesn't just go for Las Brisas, but rather the entire city of Acapulco. There's a maturity in the city that just doesn't exist and has been developed elsewhere.

Obviously, we're hooked (can you tell by this review?) and we'll keep coming back as long as they'll have us. It is so reassuring to know that one of the great resorts of the world just keeps getting better with age. We'll be back in a few months and I'm already counting the days.

Room Tip: Stay in a private pool room and choose a level of 3 or better. It's absolutely worth the few ex...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank gallesram

Greetings from beautiful Acapulco:

Just a short note to thank you very much for your wonderful review sent to Trip Advisor. We are all happy to read your comments, since they show us we are
on the right direction in guest satisfaction.

Thank you again for sharing your trip with others who may be considering a stay with us. Looking forward to have the pleasure of hosting you again and again,receive warm regards from pink and white paradise.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

We stayed one night on our way to our timeshare. Loved it! The concierge Eduardo was amazing. He went beyond the call to help us. We were trying to get a hold of our driver, Carlos (Charly) Altamirano to change our pick up time. Eduardo helped us try to reach Charly, and then when Charly came, he let him come down to the private beach and pick us up.

We loved the magic box breakfast, with china, etc. The private pool and veranda were so fun. And that night we went to dinner at Bella Vista. Food was amazing, especially the triple chocolate delight that they decorated and served my mother for her birthday. Service was fantastic and the view was one of the best I have ever seen.

We also loved the pink jeeps, the shops, and the salt water pools. We also ate at the pool restaurant. Wonderful cerviche. I would highly recommend the resort. And it's amazing that there is no tipping, only a $20 daily charge. If you eat at the restaurants, you have saved money on tips!! I booked through travelocity and the price was about $120 which is an amazing value!! Would do it again anytime.

Room Tip: Go higher level
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank csloat
27/Ene/12
Dear Guest:

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your trip with your family and we are all delighted to know that you enjoyed your private pool, of Restautante Bella Vista and La Concha Beach Club.

Thank you for your visit on this date for the celebration of the birthday of your mother.

Thank you again for your nice comments and we look forward to have the pleasure of hosting you and your family again in the near future.