“AWESOME!!!!!”

Ranked #77 of 363 Restaurants in Acapulco
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2014

This was our first dinner spot on our week long honeymoon trip and also my favorite. The restaurant overlooked the main acaplco bay and was the most gorgeous view at sunset and at night with all the lights coming on from the city. I highly recommend this great place with great food, and even better service.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Until the recent troubles and violence, I visited Acapulco on the average of two to three times a year, sometimes four. Since it opened, never did I miss going to Linda Vista for dinner. Spectacular view of the bay, wonderful wait staff and a memorable evening. The menu is large and varied and I have always enjoyed everything I've eaten there (mind you I have been there many times). My favorites have always been their guacamole and totopos (chips), lobster (with three wonderful sauces for dipping -- melted butter, orange sauce, tamarind sauce) and their shrimp that are so large they looked like small lobsters. I have been spoiled and have been hard pressed to find anywhere in Chicago that has such tender and flavorful lobster and shrimp. And it is not rubbery like a lot of the shrimp and lobster you find in the States. And the margaritas -- OH I CAN'T FORGET THE MARGARITAS -- they were wonderful! I like mine on the rocks. They do a great job with the margaritas -- perfectly proportioned lime, tequila and triple sec. I am really picky when it comes to margaritas and hate the premixed stuff that is served in many restaurants. But Linda Vista gives you the real deal. Though I have never hesitated to send back a margarita that wasn't good, I have never had to do that here. If I call the waiter back, it's to order another!!!!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Lobster, Chilean Sea Bass and Grilled Shrimp - yummy. The view was nice - open patio. We also had table side crepes that was quite a production.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

We saw the reviews for Linda Vista and decided to have dinner there....believe me...we were not disappointed! It was not a busy night when we went and were shown a very nice table with a fabulous view of Acapulco Bay. We were in time for the sunset which was magnificent. We had to have the queso fundido with shrimp (made table side by Abel)...it was delicious....and the shrimp stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon was out of this world. A banana flambe (also prepared table side) finished off the meal. Food was great, service was great and the prices were right. We always like to speak with the owners to find out how their business began and Abel gave us the background on Linda Vista and his beginnings as a chef.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The most entertaining with Abel and Margarito, our waiters, doing a spectacular presentation dessert presentation including a river of flaming brandy concoction which was to die for. Sorry I don't remember the name of it as I was pre-occupied with the show.