WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“I felt at home in Mexico” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seascape Hotel Acapulco

Seascape Hotel Acapulco
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Acapulco
Seascape Hotel Acapulco
Ranked #42 of 179 Hotels in Acapulco
Omaha, Nebraska
“I felt at home in Mexico”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2007

When I first checked in to this hotel, I thought I had made a big mistake. I took a room on the top floor. The view of Acapulco Bay was awesome. But the climb to the fifth floor was a bit of a challenge if you aren't in good shape. Except for the flat places on the beach, Acapulco is built into the side of a mountain. If you are an overweight smoker, stay someplace with an elevator instead.

This place is getting older but that's part of the charm. It must have been really something when it was new. Each room has access to to a semi private patio. By that I mean, it's right there, it's your little tropical hang out place, but to others it's part of the route to their room. A little sun, a little shade. In a word, I would describe The Sun Scape as Pleasant.

The staff was very helpful. About half the guests were families with small children. I saw baby bottles drying in the kitchen dish drainer, but I never heard any screaming babies. The pool by the bar seemed to be the cool place for mom's to gather and watch the children. But at night, it was a different scene. The pool is next to a 24 hour restaurant/bar. Couples gathered to enjoy the cool of the Pacific coast breeze, a romantic drink together, and each other.

Hardy souls can hike the 4 or 5 blocks to Coastera Miguel Aleman, the main drag for the beachfront. From there you can get a bus, taxi or just stroll. Popular Disco Beach is right there at the bottom of the hill. I was almost always able to wave down a taxi passing the Sunscape Hotel by waiting out front for 5 minutes or so. The staff will order you a taxi, but if you flag down a volkswagon taxi, you can get anywhere within reason for 50 pesos (5 dollars). A trip to or from the airport is more like $20 - $25.

The food at the restaurant was good. After the first day I didn't eat anywhere else. Reasonable prices and room service available, tip recommended.

The longer I stayed, the more comfortable I felt. Would I take my grandchildren to the Sunscape? Yes. Honeymoon there? If I was crazy enough to get married again, probably.

It's close enough to the action of the beach scene and discos but not on the beach or strip. For me, it was cool.

• Liked — The neighborhood atmosphere
  • Disliked — Rental car or Taxi necessary for any excursion
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled solo