“Finest Italian Food in Acapulco”
Review of Forza Italia

Forza Italia
Ranked #68 of 351 Restaurants in Acapulco
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Since my wife and I first discovered this restaurant in 1997 it has always been one of our favorite places to eat. From their pizza’s, to their pastas, meat and seafood, you will not find a better Italian restaurant in Acapulco. The quality of his food has always been consistently great. It is my firm opinion, that this is mainly due to the fact that the Italian owner must be very particular to the food he purchases, as well as, the way it is prepared and served to his customers. Some of our particular favorites are his cannelloni stuffed with spinach ricotta, his lasagna, Chicken parmesan with fettuccini alfredo as a side dish, spaghetti ala pesto, spaghetti ala carbonara, as well as, his penne ala vodka. As for his seafood on the menu, we have never been disappointed.
As to his waiter staff, I would rate them as some of the best, always around and attentive to your every need.
Lastly, all I’ve got to say is that since 1997 we have seen many restaurants open and close in Acapulco, but this one is still open. I think that says it all.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

My husband and I thought we would enjoy dinner here last night based on a friend's recommendation. Although our friend suggested pizza, neither of us were in the mood for it. Service was slow, and we waited quite some time to place our order even though the restaurant was not busy.
The wait or barely acknowledged us and we were never given any kind of wine list or drink menu, so we ordered a glass of wine and a beer.
I ordered sea bass in an orange sauce and bruschetta to start. Now, I know we are not in Italy, but the white, not at all crispy bread has absolutely nothing to do with bruschetta. Yes, there were chopped tomatoes and perhaps two dried flakes of something green that was perhaps basil. It could even have been parsley for all I know as the flakes were too small to distinguish any flavour.
We waited a long time for the main course, and when my sea bass arrived, it very clearly was. It sea bass, but rather a basa filet, the cheapest, poorest quality of fish available, and very abundant in frozen form in all Mexican grocery stores. I suppose the waiting time was due to the necessity if thawing out the frozen filet.
My husband had a spaghetti with seafood mix and had five mussels in it, and a couple of small pieces if some other up identifiable seafood, topped with finely chopped tomatoes.
Wow, really poor food.
Asked four times for the bill, and finally my husband had to go inside to retrieve it as they either forgot or couldn't be bothered. Again, the restaurant was not busy.
When the bill was brought, I mentioned that my sea bass was not what was advertised on the menu and was clearly basa, I was rudely told that they can't get sea bass here. So, the why put it in the menu and charge sea bass prices?
Perhaps, we should have had pizza, but as frequent long term visitors to Acapulco, this was our first and last time here. Poor service, poor food, and fraudulently advertised menu items.

2  Thank caldosh
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We were recommended to this fine eating place by friends at Time Share the Mar Azul (WIVC). We come from a very Italian Food area. Let me tell you Monterey CA Italian Restaurants have nothing on the Forza Italia! Great spaghetti and meat balls, wife had cannelloni, all was great and large portions. Staff super service! On premises made deserts are to die for! People at our timeshare eat here at least 1-2 times a visit to Acapulco!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Their pizzas are the best i have tasted in México, i can definitely recommend the pizza, some ate the pasta and they liked it but nothing out of the ordinary.

They have good selection of wines at reasonable price.

I will definitely return for the pizzas !!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Back in Acapulco..... Had to visit Forza Italia. We have eaten there for years and years. It is better than ever.... Try any of their home made Pasta dishes.... Awesome... Best of the best.