“very good”

Ranked #57 of 351 Restaurants in Acapulco
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed November 27, 2011

would say for a local and hard to find place this is a very good place to eat. and if you go fishing and need a place to have it cooked they will do it great. servie is fast but cooking is a little slow but that is for good food

Try it you will like it

Reviewed June 8, 2011

Do not be fooled by those cheap restaurants along the costera selling 10 tacos for 30 pesos
believe me La tortuga restaurant impressed me in many ways, food was fresh and abundant very tasty as well as really good prices
We had a really really good breakfast and got tortas to go for the afternoon,
for dinner we did not even gave it a second thought,we went back and were greeted by Rufino who recommended us the specialty of the day which was delicious and dont forget to ask him for helado de coco for dessert, he will bring you a little treat while you are enjoying the icecream, belive me
gracias Rufino por tan bonita experiencia en el Restaurant seguro estamos de regreso
We will certainly come back

3  Thank vegaeco
Reviewed March 17, 2011

I have been a customer of La Tortuga for many years and was critical of the establishment previously.

I decided to give it another chance this year and ventured in on a sunny Acapulco evening. Ruffino was my waiter and Chava's niece was in-charge.

I first noticed this massive stain on the dining room floor, which appeared to be spillage of tomato sauce. It had dried up and no one appeared to be concerned. The table coverings were dirty but the napkins were clean. My partner ventured to the bathroom and reported back that they were as bad as the previous location.

We both ordered the red snapper and found it to be as good as previous visits. When we ordered coconut ice cream we were served coconut milk and Ruffino explained that the freezer had shut down and the ice cream had melted. We then declined the offering.

I always worry about sanitary conditions in Acapulco and this establishment never fails to increase my worry's. It will be several years before I venture into it again!

2  Thank easterpatti
Reviewed March 5, 2011

The service was as friendly as ever as well as the conversation. Don't let the others fool you with the well organized pot shots at this restaurant. They serve good food ableit somewhat slow at times but it is Acapulco relax and enjoy the company.

The combination entrees are terrific whether the Garlic shrimp, Carne enchilada, Chicken tacos, Arrachera along with the sides and Chorizo tostados with peppers and queso were outstanding. The place remains consistent and BTW very clean my 2 visits clean linens on all tables were present. I think Chava got the message!!

Anyway for a nice evening out and some fine music by the local crooner Alberto stopping in both evenings we enjoyed ourselves immensely.

3  Thank truck2chief
Reviewed December 2, 2010

I returned to Acapulco after many years and returned to La Tortuga and found it had moved down the street. The location is filthy and I would not recommend it to anyone based on cleanliness.

The waiters were great as always and tried but until the location is cleaned up I would avodi the establishment.

4  Thank MMclubguy