“Wonderful Stay - Will Stay Again”

Real Inn Nuevo Laredo
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Nuevo Laredo
Irving
“Wonderful Stay - Will Stay Again”
Reviewed January 21, 2008

I must say that I was impressed with Camino Real. I figured it would not be all that it says it is and being in Nuevo Laredo - it's one of the best places to stay. I did see other hotels such as City Express, and Hilton and this has to be the best. The staff was wonderful and helpful. I only brought in a small amount of money to exchange and ran out and they were so helpful that they had one of their guards take me to a "red" bank which gives out pesos from my US bank cards! The rooms exceeded my expectations and my daughters loved it. The lighting is dim but there is a huge lobby down staris and personal lobbies on the 4th & 5th floor were you can have a personal meal, read, catch some tv, work on laptop, or simply relax. The parking is also wonderful. Although this area is not so good, the parking and environment of the hotel was/is very reassuring and safe. The resturant Azuelos is very ecomically priced - however, not very good, personally. We ended up going to El Rancho which is beautiful and has wonderful "Mexican dancing and music shows. My daughters LOVED it, however, the meals were not so good. I found that the small clean places served the best meals. The only problem I had was that I went out shopping and site seeing from about 10am until about 5pm and when we returned, the room had not been cleaned. The staff asked if we left out the sign for "No disturbances" and I said no. They did however have the maids up within 15 minutes to clean it up. I will return for several occasions this year and do plan to stay here each and everytime. I would recommend to anybody: business or pleasure, family or single.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank fchavez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
New York City
Reviewed December 16, 2005

We stayed here for one night. The room was spacious and stylishly decorated. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful.

However, there were several small annoyances that detracted from the experience. The room, for example, did not have enough lamps in it. Even with all of the lights on, it was too dark to read at night unless one was sitting at the desk. Also, an alarm of some sort emitted sharp chirps in the hallway every 10-15 seconds through the night. The clock in the room did not work and repeated promises to replace it were not fulfilled. In the morning we found that the coffee machine did not work, either. The breakfast we ordered from room service arrived half an hour ealier than we requested, and "sausage" turned out to mean chopped-up hot dogs.

Despite all of these little problems, it is decent place to stay and was reaonably priced. The location is convenient to the main highway leading out of Nuevo Laredo to the south. We would stay here again if we were passing through town.

• Stayed December 2005, traveled on business