“At ease and safe”

Ranked #21 of 96 Hotels in Monterrey
Rocky Mount
“At ease and safe”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

After a 30-40 minute (fast and furious) drive in a taxi ($280.00 pesos..TOTSA Taxi) arrived and in my room in less than 10 mins. Front Desk (David) was very helpful and made sure I understood where everything was and how to access it. I came to Monterrey, Mexico to visit a very good friend and since I do not speak spanish it was reassuring to find assistance when needed. I had read don't go, crime was too bad..it's too dangerous...all media hype..don't get me wrong..don't go there thinking you own the place. Everyone there was polite and very helpful. The hotel is directly across from the mall, which has everything there..movie theater, resturants and stores. There is a secure walk-way to the mall so you don't have to cross the 3 lane (6-7 lane) traffic. I felt in the hotel and would go back to the same hotel when i return. Room was clean and good condition.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Laredo, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Arrived at 3 pm and it took 20 minutes to check in and get a room that had already been reserved and paid for by using Expedia and there were only two people in front of me. :( I was not happy about that.
Got a room on the 12th floor so it was very quiet. Room was average size, clean and comfortable.
The breakfast was delicious, Mexican and American style buffet by 9:30 the place is packed since breakfast is usually included in the room package.
There is a walking bridge from the Hotel to the Galerias Mall in front. go to the bridge if only to take pics (accessible from 2nd floor).
The hotel is 1/2 a block from Gonzalitos Street which is a main artery for Monterrey and into San Pedro where it turns into Gomez Morin Street.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed March 25, 2011

It was my business trip to Monetrrey and our client had booked this hotel as it was reasonably near to the office.

I have had stayed in many hotels North America and I found this to be among one of the good experiences I had.

The staff were very kind to address to all of my questions and queries.
The room are very spacious, clean and very well maintained. My room had the highway view with mountains behind, so enjoyed seeing the view in the nights when the whole city is lit.

The breakfast is good and th facility of gym and swimming pool makes the stay amazing.

Overall I had a very beautiful stay and I have recommended my colleagues to stay at this place in their next trip.

Thanks for making ny stay comfortable..!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Georgian Bay
Reviewed November 10, 2010

Stayed at this motel on our first trip to Mexico. It is about a 30min drive from the airport. Check-in was a bit slow but it was close to midnight and they only had one person working the desk. The front lobby has comfy couches and chairs so we just sat and relaxed till it was our turn. English was not a problem either.

The rooms were spacious and well appointed with items such as hair dryer, iron microwave etc.

They had no issues with supply a bottle of water daily to each of us in the room. There didn't seem to be any issues with using the water in the motel for brushing teeth etc

The did have some issues with one of the elevators during our stay and the lone vending machine was out of service the entire 5 days we were there. Ice is provided but it is in freezers on each floor in small bags.

The grounds of the motel are nothing to talk about but they are conveniently across the street from a rather large mall and have a bridge over the street to take you there. They also have an excellent restaurant/brewery next to the property called Sierra Matre Brewing Company...good food and beer. There is also a grocery store across the street so you can stock up the fridge.

The continental breakfast was quite good with a variety of hot and cold items.

Overall the motel is quite good and I would have no problem staying here again.

Oh ya the internet was free and not to bad on speed.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Sybock
chicago
Reviewed February 20, 2010

About 20 of us stayed at this hotel for 7 days. We were in Monterrey for a family emergency and we were all very emotionally overwhelmed and this place made our stay even more easy. We never felt stressed out about how to get a hold of family because local calls are free, free shuttle, but of course its nice to tip. Free wi-fi clean rooms and an amazing break fast. This hotel is everything you need. It's close to everything shops and all. The pool is clean!warm, but small...but clean... I saw them cleaning it...and they really clean it.

I recommend this place...oh and the staff is amazing!!! they have free bottled water throughout the hotel and happy hour at 7pm everyday....if you like dark beer. oh a brewery sport bar is next door...sierra something..loved this place....only bad thing....was water took long to warm up...but everything else topped that....

Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed January 24, 2010

I stayed in this hotel with my husband and our four kids. It was definitely geared towards business travelers and not young families, but it was still a great fit for us. We're not looking for our hotel to entertain us.

We chose this hotel because of the indoor pool, but we were also pleased with the free parking (we drove down from San Antonio) and the very high quality breakfast. I was so happy to see that the breakfast was primarily Mexican breakfast foods (plenty of choices available, though.) I wasn't thrilled that we were staying in an American chain hotel, but the breakfast made me want to say "Viva Mexico!" every single day. So tasty. Especially the Chilaquiles. My kids ate mostly cereal, fresh fruit, and yogurt.

The staff was very professional and helped us with our every need. They were kind to our children as well. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 28, 2009

I had a good stay here, and price was certainly right. As previous reviews have stated, room was relatively clean, wifi worked well, and location is very central in Monterrey, particularly if you need to go to the Centro. Breakfast was also selfserve and included... and was of a very high quality. I particulary liked the fresh oranges set out at a juice squeezer! Chilaquiles also very good.

On the downside, the furnishings in my room were extremely worn. To the point that the couch was quite uncomfortable. The workout facility is very small (one treadmill) and the A/C wasn't working in it... It was a sweatbox by the time I was done with my run.

I'd probably book Camino Real in San Pedro if prices were within a few hundred pesos. There is also a brand new Four Points on the other side of town... less desireable location though.

Stayed June 2009, traveled on business