WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Quality Inn Monterrey La Fe

Quality Inn Monterrey La Fe
Ranked #32 of 96 Hotels in Monterrey
Kiel, Germany
“All-in-all, a pleasant stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

I stayed La Fe for a couple of nights and pre-booked a room and airport pickup. Due to my flight having been excessively delayed, I phoned Holiday Inn Guest Service to cancel the first night and airport shuttle. Although confirmed by the agent, nothing got relayed to the hotel in Monterrey, so the reservation was kept and the driver was sent to the airport.
Once I got there the next morning, airport pick-up and check-in went smoothly.
The room was more than adequate, with a comfortable kingsize bed, a desk with office chair and an armchair with foot rest. The TV-set needs upgrading perhaps. Bathroom was clean and the shower held the water pressure well with hot and cold water. An ice machine can be found at the stairwell. They've got good WiFi connection throughout the hotel, I was in fourth floor, and the signal was strong. Just ask for an access code at check-in.
In my room, the air-condition was a bit temperamental, sometimes it worked, at other time it didn't. After reporting it to the front desk, a technician came and left, the aircon still would work reliably. I contemplated asking for another room, but then couldn't be bothered with the hassle.
There is a breakfast buffet with hot and cold dishes, which I can highly recommend. It's not included in the room rate, but at 60 pesos, you cannot argue.
The hotel offers an indoor pool and a small fitness area, but both didn't look very inviting at my inspection.
There's not much worth seeing around the hotel, so factor in some pesos for various cab rides.
On check-out, I was astonished to hear that there is no airport shuttle on Sundays, but the friendly staff booked me a taxi which got me there at lightning speed for 250 pesos, which is a bit steep, but who wants to miss a flight over that?!
Overall, despite the minor hick-ups, it was a pleasant stay, with friendly hotel staff and I can recommend staying there.

• Stayed August 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Korean first
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2011

This hotel is really good, I would recommend it very much.
Great service, and a really good location, only 10- 15 minutes from
Airport. Free WiFi. Tuesdays - thursdays the staff makes a really good
barbecue on the Terrace for dinner. That´s a real plus for me.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

I visit Monterrey frequently but only discovered this hotel for my last 3 stays. The location is great it is between downtown monterrey and the airport. The staff has always been very friendly and hotel is kept very clean. Breakfast is awesome, they have two cooks there making eggs however you like and they have a variety of foods to choose from.
The one complaint I did have were the beds, they were not comfortable a bit hard. I did not notice that the first time I stayed there, so the second time around I asked if I could be moved to another room with a softer bed, but was told that all the bed were the same. I filled out the survey before checkout, on my own, was not told to do so, and I did recommend they get softer beds. I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank allycici
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2008

Although this hotel is listed as an airport location, it is a good 10-15 minutes from the airport. The good news is that there is a shuttle, and even better, the driver was waiting for me when I arrived at the airport (waiting outside parked). Tip - be sure to call the day before to the hotel and book the shuttle. Then they'll be there when you arrive if you give them your flight time. Otherwise you could have quite a way. The check in staff are pleasant. Restaurant on site is adequate however, nothing special at all. Internet access is available at the hotel, and they have a small business centre with free internet and printers. The rooms are average, but the pillows and bed leave a lot to be desired. Tip - like man European hotels, you need to insert your room key in a slot just inside your room door to make the light fixtures work. This hotel is okay, and I'm not sure how it compares to others at Monterrey airport, but for one night I think it will be okay.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank galileocan
Portland, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2008

I found the front desk staff very helpful and efficient.

The shuttle for the hotel always arrived at the time they promised and left puntually on time.

The rooms were clean and quiet.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank AussieCosy
DeKalb, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2007

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn La Fe three times. The rooms are very nice. The second time I stayed there, I was asked to complete a survey on a computer screen at checkout. When I told them I couldn't complete the survey since it was all in Spanish, I was told I had to in order to check out. When I started asking the clerk what each question was, she got mad at me and checked me out.
The third and last time I stayed there, I was looking forward to a king size bed that I had reserved. I was given a twin size. When I went to try to change my room, the clerk told me, with a smirk, that they were sold out for the night. I told the clerk that, as a platinum member, I didn't appreciate my room being given to someone else. Her revenge was a 12:50 am phone call with a story about someone had asked for my room key but didn't know my name and if I had given permission to someone who doesn't know my name, to get a room key. At first they told me that they had given a key to the person, then they said they didn't. I didn't sleep too well after that.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank dmceres
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2007

I am a frequent business traveler to Monterrey, Mexico. I have stayed in several hotels in the area and I found this hotel better then the rest. Since mid-2006 I have now stayed in this hotel 5 times and has now made this my prefered hotel because their front lobby service is quite good, their shuttle service is reliable, and (important to me as I sometimes have to stay for 2 weeks at a time) they offer several English-speaking TV news channels (something lacking in most other hotels in the area.) High-speed Internet access is free and always available (just ask for a Ethernet cable at the front desk). Rooms and the general appearance inside the hotel are clean and staff has always been very helpful. Rooms are furnished with a safe (very handy.)

The only complaints I have is their restaurant. Many mornings the breakfast is not ready or available at 6 AM (as advertised) or even at 6:30 AM. Although their food (dinner) is acceptable in preparation and taste, their menu is rather bland and need to be refreshed. (Note: When I was there in Jan 2007 I noticed that they are making a new effort to improve the service level in the restaurant. I hope it was not a flash in the pan.) There are several restaurants in the vicinity, but none in walking distance from the hotel. The hotel shuttle will, if not very busy, provide transport to and from the restaurants. Taxi's can easily be found too.

• Liked — Cleanliness and friendly staff
  • Disliked — Restaurant
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank Bluegrassbaobab
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monterrey
Comfort Inn Monterrey Norte
Hilton Garden Inn Monterrey
#15 of 96 in Monterrey
Mision Express Monterrey Aeropuerto La Fe
Four Points Monterrey Linda Vista

Been to Quality Inn Monterrey La Fe? Share your experiences!