“Pleasently surprised....”

Parque Zoologico La Pastora
Ranked #31 of 114 things to do in Monterrey
More attraction details
Owner description: Peaceful park with lakes, fountains and lots of green..
Monterrey, Mexico
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Pleasently surprised....”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

It took over 15 years for me to go back to La Pastora Zoo. On my last visit I was kind of disappointed and sad to see the animals were not on a very good shape. I decided to give it another try due to the recommendation of a friend of mine who said the visit was totally worth it. So, we decided to take our children and we had a great time. We should totally help this zoo recover the good reputation it had several years ago.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank LizaMty79

San Pedro Garza Garcia, Mexico
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Sad..”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Last time I went, I took a group of first graders, although they seemed to enjoy it, they were disappointed to find out some typical animals were not there. They have few animals, it is old, not the best conditions...

West Hartford, Connecticut
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Fantastic place for little ones.”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I went there with my husband and three yrs old son, and all of us had a lovely time. It's big enough to spend a day, and not as commercial as places in United States- no visual stimuli, beckoning kids to buy, buy, buy, just the animals and lots of place for little ones to run around. I absolutely loved the place and would recommend it anyone with kids.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank Pratigya K
Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Where are the animals?”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We got there at 9am. Either most of the animals were still asleep, or the 10 pesos entrance fee (almost nothing) is not enough to have more animals in this theme park.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank HimmelWolf
Seattle, Washington
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“a sad Zoo”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

sad sad Zoo, even though they take good care of the animals, the place seems completely sad, almost abandoned... visit it so they can get more income and renew it.