All reviews paseo santa lucia room service maintenance man light sleeper hot shower hotel is situated stayed here for nights nice hotel conference factory steel horno pesos whistle
Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

The location is not ideal unless you have a car because there are not many restaurants within easy walking distance, but apart from that, it is a very nice hotel. The rooms are spacious and well equipped and with a very nice view of the surrounding mountains. The restaurant has a pool of koi carp to watch while having a peaceful and relaxing breakfast. The staff in the restaurant and at the front desk are all very friendly and helpful and can speak English as well as Spanish.
The parque fundidora is next to the hotel so is very easy for having a walk in a quiet and peaceful area away from the city traffic.
I spent more than one week here and would be very happy to use this hotel again next time I come to Monterrey

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
DiegoMonterrey, General Manager at Holiday Inn Parque Fundidora, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2018

Thank you for your comments Mr NickB1969, we are very pleased that enjoy the hotel and its location.
We are waiting for you on your next trip to Monterrey at Holiday Inn Parque Fundidora
D Hurtado

Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

I stayed 4 nights during a conference and would gladly stay again. The room was large and clean, although some fixtures could use some maintenance. It never required calling the front desk, though.

In the nearby "Fundidora" park (very nice!) there is a factory whistle that sounds at odd hours. It never woke me, but it might be a problem if you are a light sleeper.

Front desk staff was always friendly and helpful. Restaurant staff was another story: some were nice and attentive, but some (specially during breakfast) interrupted your conversation asking for your room number without even saying hello. These waiters were the ones you had to chase around to get coffee, while the first ones would fill your cup as soon as you finished it. Such contrasting service was noticed by other participants to the conference I attended. The food was very good.

All in all, if I attend another conference at Cintermex, I would stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
DiegoMonterrey, General Manager at Holiday Inn Parque Fundidora, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Thanks for your comments Gilgo, we offer an apology for the service received during the breakfast hours, we are going to give feedback to the waiters so that they are aware of what happened.
We look forward to your next trip to Monterrey.

Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

Although the hotel has an outdated late 80s, probably early 1990s appearance it is well kept and it's staff are exceptional, in particular front desk manager mr. Raul Rodriguez and GM Mr. Diego Hurtado did for me some most out of the ordinary requests I had for my business visit. Room was ok with a great view, had great quiet sleep.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
DiegoMonterrey, General Manager at Holiday Inn Parque Fundidora, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Thank you very much for your comments, we are very pleased that you enjoy the hotel and its location, also help to make your business visit successful.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

I would say that this is a perfect spot to stay in Monterrey if hotel wasn´t noticeably a bit old, although it was revamped some time ago. Place is quiet and close to a lot of restaurants and even a small commercial center, but Parque Fundidora within yards is definitely something unique. Park is beautiful, as well as the surroundings, and is ready for a nice walk in the morning or when you get back to hotel. There is even a very nice restaurant within it, in the same building steel mill (fundidora) used to be. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
DiegoMonterrey, General Manager at Holiday Inn Parque Fundidora, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Thank you Mr Fabio for your comments and tip's that leaves our future guests.
We look forward to your next trip to Monterrey.
D Hurtado

Reviewed September 18, 2017

We stayed here while looking around the area as my work want me to move to Monterrey. The hotel itself in my opinion needs some renovation in the rooms, especially the bathroom, as they look tired. The bed was comfy, the breakfast was ok plenty of choice but always seemed cold. The hash browns got harder as the week went on. The coffee is served by the waiters & as the week went on they were less attentive to filling the cups.

The gym is very small & not up to a standard i would expect from a holiday inn, the park area is nice for a walk or 2. You can walk along the river to the old town.

Overall it is not too bad for a location, & a few nights stay.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
DiegoMonterrey, General Manager at Holiday Inn Parque Fundidora, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2017

Thank you for your comments KOYCEGIZ , we will continue efforts to offer a better service to all our guests and improve our facilities, we are glad that I enjoy the location.