All reviewsfood optionscomfortable staychilaquilesrooms are spaciousnice hoteldowntownoxxoplazauberpesosmall
Reviewed May 15, 2018 via mobile

It’s a good option to stay near Monterrey’s downtown. The hotel has been renovated but some things still looks old.
All places are super clean and the attention of all the personnel is very good. Turístico places and museums are 20 minutes walking.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

PROS: Centrally located with easy access to the main avenues in a flash. Fast food places and 7-11’s at a block from hotel, with many more places mere minutes away. 12 floors of a nicely renovated hotel with great views from top floors. Breakfast has lots of options, but it is not included. Rooms are spacious enough, with the king size bed room including a sofa as well. TV’s are fairly new, with access to hdmi ports in case you need them.A/C works perfect, with the room going from room temp to cold in about 8 minutes. A small gym, and two pools (a little one in the sun and the other enclosed and climatized) round it out.
Hotel staff are real courteous and always carry a smile. Stayed 3 nights and never had an in person issue, but....
CONS: ...i did call once to order towels and it took me 3 calls and 30 minutes to get them, which is not acceptable. While the hotel is renovated, its not 100% restored. The bathrooms need a lot of work. Water pressure is really low. The toilets are of the old kind and you need to push the handle down for a while to get it going. The shower tiles also look old and a bit dirty, as well as the shower heads. The towels look and feel old. Closet space is low but since the hotel is made for business people it kinda makes sense. While the A/C gets the job done, they use the old timey ones, so they are noisy if you crank them up. If you can handle that then its no problem. The parking...if you can manage through narrow spaces then you should be ok. I drive an Explorer and managed just fine, but the entrance has a few blind spots so be wary. It only has two levels as well and the spots are not all designed for large trucks or suv’s. I wouldnt pay above $60 but anything below that i wouldnt mind. If youre looking just for a place to crash or just business traveling then it more than meets your needs. If you want to stay at a nice place while on vacation, im sure you can find better.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed February 6, 2018

It´s a 12-floor renovated hotel near by downtown and 20 minutes driving for most turistic places like Parque Fundidora, Cintermex, Arena Monterrey and Plaza Sesamo.
You have to pay extra money if you want a complete breakfast, even it´s included in the fee.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here 4 nights at a discounted rate after watching prices for a few months. Here are my thoughts:

PROs:
- The regular price is still a good deal for this hotel, all things considered. It has been recently renovated (Dec) and I feel it is now better than most of the La Quinta hotels in the US.

- The hotel is a 10 minute walk from the macroplaza through mostly small businesses and shopping strips. The brand name store strip begins one block from the hotel on Padre Mier. The flea market bargain section is 4 blocks from the hotel on 5 de Mayo, all around the Plaza Garibaldi mall. The area was safe.

- The hotel WiFi was ok, the signal was not the fastest, but fairly consistent. The lobby computers were pretty good.

- I thought the breakfast buffet (included) was very good. From 6:30am to 9am, there was:
- coffee, orange juice, jimaica, horchata
- muffins, bread to toast,
- fruit, 4 yogurts, toppings
- 8 - 10 different hot dishes: scrambled eggs, eggs mixed with meat or tomatoes and onions, chilaquiles (red and green), potatoes (papas), refried beans, mini quesadillas, various meat dishes
- There is an omelette / gordita / quesadilla station with a cook standing by to make personalized dishes for 65 pesos ($4).
- Breakfast staff was friendly and quick to remove used dishes.

- The dining area is large with enough tables to easily accommodate a fully booked hotel on weekends. During the week, there were few other people at breakfast before 8:30am.

-A separate bar / cantina area serves happy hour drinks and food for reasonable prices.

- The beds and pillows were soft and comfortable.

- The newly renovated lobby was elegant, but very purple. I love purple, so I thought it was beautiful.

- There's a REALLY good taco truck (con un trombo de pastor) a block away by the Pizza Hut and Oxxo. I am not ashamed to admit that we ate there 3 times. The restaurant itself is in front of the truck if you prefer to eat inside.

CONs:

- The room did not have a sofa as described, but it was not needed anyway.

- The elevators are a bit rickety at times, and once the middle elevator did not stop level with the lobby floor. I stumbled awkwardly as I exited since I was talking to my friend and didn't look down to notice the 6 inch height difference between the elevator floor and lobby floor. The brooding doorman investigated after eyeing us suspiciously, and the problem seemed to be fixed by the time we returned to the hotel.

- The coffee at breakfast was pretty bad.

- When we checked in, the weather had just plummeted from the 60°s and low 70°s to a high of 28°. The wall heater did not work. We changed rooms. It did not work. An hour later, they found us a room in the 2nd floor with a newer wall heater that worked well. We lost our 5th floor view, but it was worth it.

- The walls are thin and conversations in the next rooms can be heard. During the week, fewer people were here and it was quiet, but on Saturday, it was a bit loud.

- The huge open lobby and even larger dining room area was very cold. In the morning at breakfast, I overheard one of the managers talking to maintenance about the (lack of) heat, so I know they were trying to fix it, but it never improved during the 5 days I was there during the first week of January.

- The lobby music was pretty loud and consisted of '80s pop tunes. "Kyrie Eleison" and "Don't You forget About Me", etc. I like '80s, but musac-style-Kenny-G '80s is almost a surreal experience when you're in Mexico.

- Taxi and Uber drivers seemed to have a hard time finding it. The address is Pino Suarez Sur, but the cross street it faces is Ocampo. Tell your drivers Pino Suarez y Ocampo.
*Side note: Monterrey is an example of a city of UNplanned progress. A plethora of one way streets force drivers to go around several huge blocks to get to you (throughout the city). Expect to wait 10-25 minutes for an Uber that is two streets away. Ridiculous.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded January 15, 2018

Dear Queen J,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, be sure that all the possitive points will be shared with all the staff as well as the one´s we still need to improve in order to have our customers 100% satisfied which is our main goal.

Should you plan on coming back again in the future i am at your service from now

Regards.

Raymundo Valle
lq6921gm@laquinta.com

Reviewed October 26, 2017

We needed two rooms in Monterrey near the hospital for us and my brother-in-law that could take us late at night. They got us in and settled but sadly the room disappointed. I have to agree with the other reviews here, that the hotel has a great staff, the rooms were generously sized, and they even found a parking spot for our over-sized travel van. However, we had to call the desk to get hot water for the room in the shower and there were many defects in the tiles and wallpaper making us feel that there were bigger issues than paint in the room we did not see.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family