“Good value. Excelent location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Royalty

Hotel Royalty
Ranked #84 of 96 Hotels in Monterrey
“Good value. Excelent location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2007

I selected this hotel to expend a long weekend visiting Monterrey downtown with my wife and my 19 month old daugther. I wanted a traditional hotel without paying a high price. This hotel provide a excelent value.

The best of this hotel is its location. You are only 2 blocks from the Macroplaza. We are able to go for a walk and then came back to the hotel so my little one can take her nap. It was extreamly convenient. We didn't use our car at all. A taxi to Parque Fundidora was 20 pesos. We were able to walk to Paseo Santa Lucia (the new river walk) and the come back in a taxi for only 10 pesos (1 dollar). The river walk is really nice.

The size of our room was fair (large enough to put our portable crib). There was a small table in our room with two chairs. The AC and shower worked without any problem. The hotel is in a good shape but if you want luxury you need to go somewhere else such as Ancira Hotel or Santa Rosa suites.
The service was very good but I struggled quite a bit with the manager in order to get a new room. It seems that due the low price, this hotel is very popular with college students. There was two large groups during our stays. They were extreamly noisy. Finally, we got transfer to a different floor.

We didn't try the continental breakfast because there is a VIPS in front of the hotel and a Sanborns two block away. You have to try these places, specially for breakfast. I guess some foreign people don't realize that Sanborn that looks like more than a pharmacy/magazine store has a restaurant inside. The service was awsome!

Another food recommendation was a small restaurant behind the Catedral (Casa Oaxaca). A excellent option if you want something from south Mexico.

In summary this hotel is a very nice option if you don't care for a fancy hotel.

Stayed November 2007
1 Thank SergioAustin

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2005

I have stayed at the Hotel Royalty every time that I have been to Monterrey with my sister, we love it. The service is wonderful, I've never been treated better in a hotel. I would highly recomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business