“awful service, stay away from this hotel!”

Sheraton Ambassador Hotel
Ranked #45 of 96 Hotels in Monterrey
Reviewed October 19, 2012

the hotel is very old, and hasn't got much maintenance, some things just don't work properly, like some of the showers (they get clogged), or the internet connection, which sometimes get very slow or you get disconnected often, I ordered room service and there was a small stone in my soup, and when you complain about something the staff often behaves in a rude manner, please do not stay here......

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I got a smoking room though i never request one. Hotel was booked so I had no choice. Asked for housekeeping to spray out the smell which was like death upon exiting the elevator. Gladly, we were changed to better room for next 2 nights.
Also, the AC leaked heavily from ceiling to soak the floor. I heard it splatter in the night and put down a towel to quiet the noise which awoke me. It kept me awake so the 1st night was pretty bad on sleep quality and experience.
Gave my SPG number after check in thus no special treatment then, and nothing spoken of later.
Staff is good, efficient and typical friendly mexican. Breakfast was efficient and good. Dinner: spag /meat sauce is low on sauce and heavy on ground beef.
Lobby area is shiny and nice; Link area has huge pc monitors where I printed my boarding pass and enjoyed a glass of wine late one evening. Large & full glass. Great service on taxis as usual but the plaza area is just not my taste after being here so many years.
It is my 1st time at this hotel (good rates) tho I've been in the Macro plaza hotels many times. The city is empty in the Old City and everybody very edgy about random violence. I have never seen or experienced anything but the awareness is high.

Room Tip: Be afraid of the smoking room/ floors. Who knew that they still existed?
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Among all the times I have been down in Monterrey, I get to know the place better (Pool, Fitness Center, Dinning). I rather like to stay here than The SAFI (San Pedro).
The Breakfast buffet reminds me of one in Cancun, different chain though, same variety and quality.

Room Tip: All rooms I have stayed were all great and the same size.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Osvaldo S
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I recently spent 3 nights here while on business. I had never stayed at this particular roperty before. The location is generally nice near the plaza so walking around in the evening is a pleasant experience.

The rooms are a little dated though clean and comfortable. The bathroom is good enough although there is no room on the vanity for the occupants shaving kit. Mediocre shower head and poor bathroom ventilation.

There seemed to be only one restaurant located off the lobby in the atrium area although there is supposed to be another one somewhere. Food was OK but I had hoped for a better menu selection. The restaurant is open 24 hours for late eaters.

High speed internet is available though I did not personally test this.

Overall a decent enough hotel at a good price.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2012

For my first visit to Monterrey, this hotel was an excellent choice. The location is central, with lots of things within walking distance or a short taxi ride. The room service was very appetizing, and the entire staff was most accommodating. The suite was quite comfortable for a 5-day stay. I would definitely choose this property again when in MTY.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 7, 2012

The best price-quality relationtionship you can get. I am a frequent business traveler all around Mexico and this is my best since at least 3 years ago. It is located at the center town which facilitates traveling in all directions. All the Staff exceeds the expected. The international buffet (all 3 meals) is great. Rooms are large and confortable. Fair enough internet through wire. Rooms are neat and smells good. Everything just works properly inside and ouside the room. The business center is outstanding for doing printouts. Elevators are fast. I really like this place.

Room Tip: All rooms are very good.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I have never felt so welcomed in a hotel like this one. Everyone was so friendly and that is my main reason why I highly recommend this hotel. Besides that, it was well located in an area where I felt safe and had of shopping possibilities. My room was very spacious and clean. I haven't tried another hotel in Monterrey and won't.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Andres S, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

Dear guest

I would like to personally thank you for the wonderful score you bestowed upon in this webpage.

the entire staff works day by day to receive these comments and the same will be delivered as a reward for this effort.

Best regrads.