We stayed at the La Quinta Inn and Suites in Cuidad Juarez for 6 nights in the middle of January 2014. The hotel room was spacious than other hotels in the area, we had a King bed, microwave, refrigerator, and flat screen TV. The room was clean and the housekeeping staff was great and always accommodating, The breakfast was nice with real eggs, ham, and potatoes served each morning as well as chilaquiles, beans, breads, and fruits. The hotel is located roughly 1/2 mile away from the consulate and the hotel offers a shuttle that takes you there and back.
I say the stay was ok because even though the hotel's decor was a bit dated the main reason that we didn't enjoy our stay was the customer service. The front desk agents were 50/50 the pm staff is more accommodating and friendly, the morning staff is cold, and very uninviting. The night shift was terrible and really could care less to help you out. Also upon our arrival we informed the front desk that our room was missing a remote for the TV, needed towels, and a few lights were out in our room. It took me all afternoon to finally get a remote that worked, 2 extra towels, and the lights were never fixed. The shuttle will take you everywhere but out of our 6 days there it was only available on Sunday our first day and Thursday during the week we would call to get picked up from the consulate and we were told it was busy and ended up getting a taxi. On our last night there Friday the shuttle was missing all day and when we asked the front desk they said it was out running errands but we didn't see it all day.
Overall our experience was ok, but we had a room in the 2nd floor and asked for a quiet location and we could hear the toilets being flushed upstairs and children were running around all times during the day and you could hear everything especially in the early morning. We probably would choose another hotel in the future to avoid the noise and a more convenient location. The rate was decent however it was more expensive than hotels closer to the consulate.
Overall I say 3 out of 5 stars due to lack of customer service, and amenities available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Mexico! Just 15 minutes south of El Paso, Texas, and the US Mexican Border, the Brand New La Quinta Inns & Suites Ciudad Juarez is ready to greet you with a warm friendly staff committed to excellence. Just 1/2 mile from the US Consulate, there are many attractions right near the hotel. From museums to shopping at the Plaza Juarez Mall, to dining at Figueria's Brazilian Steakhouse, McDonald's or Wendy's, there is something here for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, LaQuinta, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your LQ Hotel by La Quinta Cd Juarez Near US Consulate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Ciudad Juarez Hotel Ciudad Juarez
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Ciudad Juarez
- Ciudad Juarez La Quinta