“Good stay!”

Hotel Lucerna Ciudad Juarez
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Ciudad Juarez
Reviewed February 28, 2011

My husband and I went to Ciudad Juarez for immigration purposes only. We went to this hotel because a friend of ours had recommended it to us. It's a really nice hotel we liked that they had a restaurant downstairs, in the mornings they have a breakfast buffet and at night they have a bar you can go and relax and knock back a few drinks...lol. They also have room service if you just feel like staying in your room with your hunny and snuggling up to a good movie...they do have cable so they get a lot of channels and they also have pay per view. FYI before you book your room ask them if they have any specials because they won't tell you unless you ask! If you're going for immigration they provide transportation to and from the U.S. Consulate inquire at the desk. They also provide free internet! =)

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank rokera_girl

Reviewed July 22, 2010

I travel a lot and this hotel is just great. It's nothing amazing. The rooms are simply comfortable, the Wifi works. But the staff make it special. They're always welcoming. If you need something, they work it out without groveling for tips.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank JasonBeaubien
Reviewed September 5, 2009

My husband had business at Consulate. their driver dropped and picked up my husband. Whatver we requested was no problem. Yeah the A/C didn't work one night but we opened the balcony sliding door and got a cool breeze from outside. Inform housekeeping of the situtation and it wastaking care of. The pool area was amazing. Our 6 year son enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank mjcast86
Reviewed July 11, 2008

Very nice hotel. Lovely lobby. The room was above my expectations.
I felt very safe in this hotel. The lobby bar was very nice and we had no problem ordering what we wanted between my poor spanish and the bar tender speaking no english.
We only spent one night there as we had a flight out of Juarez at 5:30AM so we didn't get to have the breakfast. There was coffee in the room so that was fine. We had to stay at the Hilton Garden inn on our return which was AWFUL. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank saguarosam
Reviewed June 14, 2008

My fiance had business with the consulate in Juarez this last week. The reason I chose hotel Lucerna was it's location and the fact that it had the most reasonable rates.

I was not dissapointed.

Upon arrival I found the hotel staff friendly and I was able to check in and drop my belongings in the room without delay. The room itself was very nice and clean and had a great view of the pool and the surrounding city.

They offered a breakfast buffet which was included in the price of the room, a special consulate package they offer, and we found the food to be very good. It was so good in fact that we ate most of our meals at the hotel. I think my favorite item on the menu was the hamburger ... don't know why, maybe the avacado they put on it, or maybe the toasted buns. Whatever it was, it was good stuff. If you need a change there is a Sanborns across the street from the hotel, also a Burger King, Wendy's and Applebee's within a ten minute walk.

I mentioned the consulate?? All one needs to do is walk out the front door and take a right, then continue waling down the sidewalk until they get to the light. Then just turn to the left, cross and keep walking for about 15 minutes. Can't miss all of the people standing in the lines for medical and the consulate. And do yourself a favor, make sure you don't accept help from anyone offering assistance with your forms ... please!!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank cmichael
Reviewed March 9, 2008

I stayed at this hotel in February 2008 to do business at the American Consulate. From the moment I arrived I was very impressed by the service and above all the friendliness of the staff. The view of the mountains is amazing and the pool area is very tranquil and well landscaped. The location is also a plus- right on one of the main drags in a very well kept tourist area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to go to the consulate or anything else in the pronaf area.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank rugbydude05
Reviewed March 2, 2008

I stayed in the hotel for 3 weeks.

Positives:
Free and high speed internet
Glorious view of the pool and the mountains at the border
Safe & central location

Negatives:
Poor room service in terms of cleanliness & timeliness
Poor food quality
Very few English speaking staff members
No options for movie to order etc

It is an OK place to stay for a few days, but if u r in for the long haul, then better to try suites at FiestaInn or some place like that.

Stayed: February 2008