“Very attentive personnel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cd. Juarez-Las Misiones
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Ciudad Juarez
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Second time in Cd. Juarez in a week and this made a difference. Super attentive personnel, breakfast sufficient. Very clean grounds and room. And a quiet atmosphere, just what you need when prep for interviews and so on at the consulate. Did I say it is just 5 minutes from clinics and US Consulate. And just in front of the Misiones mall. Do not forget to arrange transportation to Airport on time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank landscapechaser

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Room was very basic, clean, cable tv had good selection of Mexican and US stations. Bed was very comfortable and the AC was good "white noise" , pressure in shower also was good. Gym is small but had the basics, pool was clean. Breakfast is very basic and the coffee it not Starbucks,, but there is a Starbucks within an easy walk. I felt the neighborhood was safe and several restaurant options adjacent. Ive stayed here several times and would seek this location out again on my next visit.

Room Tip: I like a room located on or below the 3rd floor facing away from the street.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Alex760
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Background: I work with a real estate(hotel/hospitality) investment firm in Texas and am familiar with the IHG franchise requirements.

Duration of Stay: 2 nights

Check-in process: Ramon(Raymond) was able to confirm my reservation and checked me in less than 3 minutes. He was knowledgeable about the area and helped me clear my misconceptions about local safety around the consulate area.

Room condition: The room was well-lit, vacuumed, cool and most importantly clean. The housekeeping is friendly, know what they are doing and closely adhere to the standards. Used linen were replaced with fresh linen everyday.

Wi-fi: I was on the second floor and the Wi-fi worked well on my iphone 4, my Ipad2, and my windows laptop. Not once did I face any correction errors.

Pool: The pool was clean and well maintained.

Breakfast: Fresh fruits, 4 options for cereal. I am vegetarian and hence cannot completely review this section. However, for me the coffee, fresh fruits, cereal and granola worked. Overall, a good continental breakfast.

Overall appearance: The common areas including the main lobby, elevators and floor hallway were well maintained.

Cons: The visitor driveway in the back of the hotel needs to be paved.

Highly recommended for anyone who is here for embassy and consulate related work.

Room Tip: The US AT&T cellular network does not work well on the second floor but is in full range in the...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Chirag T
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The staff were excellent, rooms very nice, comfy and quiet. There is no bathtub in the regular rooms (Just a FYI) and when we requested one we were offered an upgrade to a junior suite, which we declined as it would have cost us three times the amount we had paid for the room by prebooking on a travel site. Pool is small, but was clean and the kids had lots of fun. The gym was good too. Free breakfast was decent although the family would have liked some more protein choices. Great location. Over all very nice!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TexasMaid
Reviewed February 21, 2012

nice observations outstanding and fun, friendly hotel

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2011

The Hotel Staff were Excellent!! good Free breakfast, close to mall, us consulate. no complains except a little pricey. But over all very good!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank rrajs
Reviewed July 17, 2011

I made the reservation online prior to my stay. I recommend doing this because I paid $433.19 for 5 nights. If you purchase them at the hotel the lowest price is $114 a night. My wife and I arrived at different times she got there at 11:30 am with our 2 year old daughter and the hotel let them check in even though the reservation was under my name. I was relieved to come and find my wife and daughter safe in our room. The free breakfast was good. They serve it between the hours of 6:30-9:30 am. They served fresh fruit (papaya,canteloupe,and watermelon) they had granola and yogurt for topping. They also had a variety of different cereals, sweet bread,sandwich bread(they also had toasters),honey,jelly,butter,two different egg dishes, refried beans, chilaquiles,milk,orange juice,apple juice,and coffee. The room was nice and clean. The bed was very comfortable. We had no problem with missing items from our hotel room. The have 5 computers downstairs and a printer that you can use free of charge. There are many restaurants close by. I would recommend Dennys,Barrigas,The Great American Land and Cattle Co.(My favorite), and Wendy's. We also went to Applebee's but it was horrible and overpriced and the bathrooms were very dirty(not like Applebee's back home). The things I did not like were that I was in a hurry to check out and they only had one person at the front desk(there was a long line) and he almost made me late for my flight, they had a pool but it was very small and very dirty(there was a clump of hair at the bottom, a red plastic cup, and sand), dont use the taxi outside of the hotel because we were overcharged by more than twice the normal fee, the power went out during our stay and the hotel said their generator wasnt working. Another thing be careful of people around Wendy's for some reason there is always somebody there begging for money they like to say that they were denied their visa and have no money for food and beg you for money or ask if you want to buy some fake gold jewelry. Dont belive them just walk away. I know this is a long review but I wanted to warn people since this was my first stay in Juarez and wish someone would have told me this. I will not be returning to this hotel for my next trip and have heard good things about La Quinta hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family