Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cd. Juarez-Las Misiones
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Ciudad Juarez
California City, California
“family”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

nice observations outstanding and fun, friendly hotel

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed August 17, 2011

The Hotel Staff were Excellent!! good Free breakfast, close to mall, us consulate. no complains except a little pricey. But over all very good!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank rrajs
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 17, 2011

I made the reservation online prior to my stay. I recommend doing this because I paid $433.19 for 5 nights. If you purchase them at the hotel the lowest price is $114 a night. My wife and I arrived at different times she got there at 11:30 am with our 2 year old daughter and the hotel let them check in even though the reservation was under my name. I was relieved to come and find my wife and daughter safe in our room. The free breakfast was good. They serve it between the hours of 6:30-9:30 am. They served fresh fruit (papaya,canteloupe,and watermelon) they had granola and yogurt for topping. They also had a variety of different cereals, sweet bread,sandwich bread(they also had toasters),honey,jelly,butter,two different egg dishes, refried beans, chilaquiles,milk,orange juice,apple juice,and coffee. The room was nice and clean. The bed was very comfortable. We had no problem with missing items from our hotel room. The have 5 computers downstairs and a printer that you can use free of charge. There are many restaurants close by. I would recommend Dennys,Barrigas,The Great American Land and Cattle Co.(My favorite), and Wendy's. We also went to Applebee's but it was horrible and overpriced and the bathrooms were very dirty(not like Applebee's back home). The things I did not like were that I was in a hurry to check out and they only had one person at the front desk(there was a long line) and he almost made me late for my flight, they had a pool but it was very small and very dirty(there was a clump of hair at the bottom, a red plastic cup, and sand), dont use the taxi outside of the hotel because we were overcharged by more than twice the normal fee, the power went out during our stay and the hotel said their generator wasnt working. Another thing be careful of people around Wendy's for some reason there is always somebody there begging for money they like to say that they were denied their visa and have no money for food and beg you for money or ask if you want to buy some fake gold jewelry. Dont belive them just walk away. I know this is a long review but I wanted to warn people since this was my first stay in Juarez and wish someone would have told me this. I will not be returning to this hotel for my next trip and have heard good things about La Quinta hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank ErikaWelsh
Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
Reviewed December 11, 2010

Do NOT make a reservation based on the availability or amenity of a shuttle service --there isn't one! Expedia and Orbitz are being lied to, but no one takes responsibility for misleading marketing. Otherwise, the hotel is very nice and the staff was marginally helpful. Very close to the medical exam and consulate locations. We walked to every appointment, shopping, and theaters. The taxis aren't very expensive.

We moved to La Quinta and saved over $20.00 a night. The rooms are almost as nice, but the price is better and staff friendlier. Tripadvisor has accurate ratings!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Daniel L
California
Reviewed December 20, 2009

My husband and I went with our three year old. Very clean hotel. Loved being about to use the computer for DHL stuff and free 1-800 calls. Not all hotels in Juarez let you call for free. 1/2 a block from U.S. Cons. Lots of people going through the same thing. The waiting game for a Visa. Mon.- Thurs. happy hour 6:30pm - 8pm very nice loved it. Free hot breakfast very organized. We felt very safe.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank trueangel
CA
Reviewed October 7, 2009

Everytime I hear about the Holiday Inn I think about Pit Bull's song. In all honesty, this hotel is well worth the money spent. The hotel is very clean and the staff is very attentive. The shuttle is free of charge and will take individuals to the airport, DHL, multiple border points of entry, and just about anywhere in Juarez. Breakfast is served everyday from 7am-10am free of cost and is quite tasty. At 6m there is a complimentary snack bar for an hour which provides sodas, beer, and munchies. The hotel is in walking distance (2 minute walk) from the Consulate Medical Offices and the Consulate General itself. There is a nice restaurant next door, Barrigas which has the best salsa ever. Across the street there is a great shopping mall with a movie theater inside, Sanborns and a really cool department store called Liverpool. The King size bed was fabulous along with the AC, flat screen tv, spacious bathroom and internet access. There are computers in the lobby for public use; the only downfall is that they are rather slow. If you are doing consulate business; this hotel is the perfect hotel to stay at. Regardless of all the crime in CDJ, my husband and I felt very safe at the hotel and the surrounding locations.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
8 Thank SmokeDizzle
Iowa
Reviewed May 5, 2009

Like others, I stayed while enduring the immigration process for my husband. Staff is great, bilingual and helpful. Breakfast was good, loved the variety. I was pleased with having internet service in my room and the number of english channels I was able to watch.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business