“Nasty bathroom, dirty room”

Holiday Inn Express Chihuahua
Ranked #37 of 111 Hotels in Chihuahua
Miami, Florida
“Nasty bathroom, dirty room”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

I never expected it this way, I have stayed at several Holiday Inn Express in Mexico and in the U.S. and I have always had decent experiences (except one time in San Marcos, TX. where we had super noisy neighbors).

We arrived into this property around 930pm. We were only staying until next day at 5am because we were taking an early flight.

The room looked fine when we walked in. When I walked into the bathroom everything changed. The toilet was dirty, it looked like someone with diarrhea used it before we walked in. Then we found a small towel with some hair hanging off the tub curtain. I called reception and they sent a nice gentleman to clean the toilet. He did a good job even though he was the security guard of the hotel since all the house keepers were gone for the day.

Then my wife found a pair of dirty sucks on the floor. We went to have dinner and came back around 12pm. We found some candy stuck to one of the lamps on the side of the bed. I'm not finished yet, I started checking the pillows and sheets before going to bed and I found a blood stain at one of the pillows.

That's when we requested the front desk to get us a different room. Some guy came and helped us with the luggage and we were taken into a different room. This one was fine. We slept 4 hours and check out. The guy at the front desk apologized when we left.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
CUUCI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chihuahua, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback, let me tell you that we are truly sorry and we already corrected these failures . We conducted a consciously inspection of this room to correct these problems, we talked to the maid and we let her know the problem causing their mistakes.
I apologize again for the bad time and reiterate my gratitude for your cooperation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

and the room was comfortable but a little dated. One thing that was really surprising and I know this sounds so prissy to say but there is no elevator. My room was on the 2nd floor and you'd think, "one flight of stairs, what's the big deal?" ...well, had I not broken my toe and had a piece of luggage weighing 28 lbs. it would not have been a big deal. But after a long day of travel, that flight of stairs was the last thing I wanted to see. But I slept great, the room was clean and I had a great breakfast at the Denny's right next door.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
CUUCI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chihuahua, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments, it is true that we have no elevator but we have friendly people who will gladly help you on your next visit because we hope to see you soon again. Thank you again for your comments and we will continue doing our best to provide better service every day.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Conformable room, nice bed, great service, free bar from 6-8 and a very good breakfast... Free!
One minor thing, the TV remote is kind of difficult to operate, believe me, you need to read the instructions, more than once, more than once.......

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CUUCI, Gerente at Holiday Inn Express Chihuahua, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thanks a lot for your feedback, we are using a new remote control because now we have the HD channels with more options for our guests!
We hope to see you soon again.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

I like how the rooms were clean, simple, and bed very comfy. Internet was ok, but a little patchy at times. Love how they have the 24 gym, the buffet breakfast, and they have an awesome happy hour with wine, meat snacks, onion rings and even salad.

It was near one of our meetings, so that was great. But my next stay will really depend where my meetings are since Chihuahua is a sprawling city, and from one end to the other can take 45 mins to 1 hour.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
CUUCI, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chihuahua, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thanks for your feedback, we are really happy to know that we are doing well our job. Hope to see you again soon.
Chihuahua
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Pros: Nice hotel. This was my second stay at this hotel, and it was excellent. Comfortable bed, good bathroom, nice lobby, excellent breakfast, nice heated swimming pool and hot tub (outdoor).
Cons: Towels at the pool would have been good. There were some that were already used. I guess we were to late.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2010

Since I needed to hit the road to Cd. Juarez, and return, location was the point to choose this hotel.

The negative point was that I needed a scanner, and the business center do not have one. Actually are not well equipped, with a decent multifunctional printer o color laser printer.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2008

This was booked by my co-worker who spends a lot of time down in Chihuahua. The hotel was decent - the rooms were comfortable for a H.I.E., pretty average really. The workout room had decent equipment and the breakfast had a lot of local hot dishes which made it pretty good. The hotel is really not terribly close to anything but we had a car, so not an issue really.

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)