“Excellent food, wonderful staff, great atmosphere!”

Guisandero Seafood & Woodfire Cocina
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Mexican
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Boise, Idaho
“Excellent food, wonderful staff, great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled upon this wonderful restaurant located on the main street coming into Todos Santos. It has a wonderful atmosphere, set in a cactus and succulent garden. The chef and his staff were great and the food was spectacular! We had yellowtail civeche and shrimp and noodles. Everything was cooked exactly how we ordered it and the salsa were stunning! The location is a little ways from downtown, but it is well worth the trip. This was, by far, our favorite spot we ate on our six day Baja trip.

Visited December 2013

Beverly, Massachusetts
“Wonderful food and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

My sister and I stopped in here for dinner. We loved the outdoor seating surrounded by cactus and flowers. It was quiet and the first thing I noticed was the woodfire oven. I had the pasta with shrimp and it was amazing. My sister had a salad and the vegetable soup. She said the soup was the best Italian vegetable soup she has ever had. The service was polite and prompt. Eating here on our first night set the trip up to be great! I would return here for sure!

• Visited November 2013
Guisandero, Propietario at Guisandero Seafood & Woodfire Cocina, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Hi Wboyle,

It was a pleasure to attend, We always care for all of our ingredients are the best selection of the region. Hopefully they can get back soon.

Regards
montana
“Tasty wood fired pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

I really like the cactus garden seating area. The smell of the wood smoke fire was nice too. When our pizzas came out I was concerned as they were the thinnest crust I have ever seen and the edges were burnt but I must say they were really tasty. My friends who had the fish said it was really good too. We had flan for desert and it was very good too.

• Visited November 2013
HI!

It was a pleasure to serve you, our artisanal pizza is always cooked with love and care for the taste of our guests, We are pleased to hear that she loved it all. Hopefully they can visit us again.

Regards
Todos Santos
“Fabulous New Restaurant in Todos Santos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

After hearing rave reviews from my foodie friends, I finally had the opportunity to dine at Guisandero. In the cozy covered outdoor setting that used to be Desertu, Chef Alejandro Aran from Mexico City, has re-opened this popular spot with something delicious on the menu for everybody. Judging from everything I've heard and now experienced for myself, looks like Guisandero is well on its way towards being a new favorite eating destination in Todos Santos.
Alejandro has some roots in Vera Cruz as well, and the menu reflects an interesting melding of flavors from various regions of Mexico, with a bit of Italian influence thrown in.
For starters, there's a traditional "Chilpachol" crab soup, which one rarely sees around here, as well as a hearty Genovesa vegetable soup. Next course offerings included Baked Cheese, which I loved with wild “epazote” leaves, extra virgin olive oil, freshly ground pepper and “salsa molcajeteada", a great ceviche big enough to share, an octopus stew, as well as grilled veggies. I also shared a Greek salad..but it was hard to choose which one to order between that and the Caprese or the organic Arugula with hibiscus flower vinaigrette, goat cheese and roasted seeds.
There are pastas and a risotto, too...and a simple but perfect selection of main courses....fish prepared 3 different ways....grilled with garlic, “Talla” style with Adobo guajillo beans and pickled red onions, or “Veracruzana” style, preparead with peppers, tomato, white wine, capers, olives and red rice. The beef dish is a grilled Arrachera, with salsa molcajeteada”, radish vinaigrette, grilled onion and guacamole.
There's a wonderful pizza oven built by past owners, so there's a secholection of 12 different pizzas to choose from, too!
Thought went into the desserts as well....chocolate cake, homemade flan, a Semifreddo of nuts, and lemon with sherry sabayon...and of course ice cream and sorbet.
The prices are very reasonable, ranging from $80p for the baked cheese, to the most expensive dish, Arrachera at $195p. There's a simple wine list and they also make cocktails!
I believe Chef Alejandro and his happy staff have hit the right combination of fine food at affordable prices in an inviting setting, encouraging open and fun conversations between patrons, with great service. Definitely a place for both locals and tourists to enjoy.

• Visited October 2013
Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a pleasant surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Guisandero is a great spot for a nice meal or relaxing cocktails. The decor and atmosphere are low-key but chic and stylish Baja style. We've had two meals here and both were really great. We've had both seafood and Italian so far, will have to check out the pizza next time. My favorite so far is the pasta in a creamy mushroom sauce- total Italian comfort food. Service is warm and friendly (not the case at every restaurant in town and definitely makes a difference!) and Chef Alejandro always comes out to personally thank us for our business. They make killer cocktails here too.

• Visited September 2013