“Great food and spirits at The Distillery, Todos Santos.”
Review of The Distillery - CLOSED

The Distillery
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, International, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a Distillery & Winery tasting room plus local draft beers on tap, BBQ, movie night, and really great staff. Handcrafted artisan distilled spirits and wines created on site. Our Tequilas, Baja Midnight Moonshine,and Blue Marlin Vodka,free for the tasting and available for purchase in our upscale Bar and Tasting Room and outside on our beautiful garden with picnic areas.
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

During our stay in Todos Santos, we visited the Distillery several times for meals and cocktails. The atmosphere and service was always friendly and inviting, and the menu had a great variety of selections for breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you're a connoisseur of fine spirits, the Distillery has some exciting things to try and also take home if you like. They distill 2 varieties of moonshine, and they offer a fine selection of barrel aged tequilas. If you're just in the mood for some quality beer, they have several brews from San Jose del Cabos' Baja Brewery. We loved their big juicy burgers, but they also had some great Mexican dishes on the menu. The Distillery also has movie nights with a large projector screen. We kept coming back because there always seemed to be something going on at most any time of day or night. Overall, it's a fun place to go for good food and unique hand crafted booze. Cheers.

1  Thank BBDZ
merlo4u, General Manager at The Distillery, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2014

Cheers to you and come back soon

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I've been to the Distillery several times and it has been average or worse each time. Went there for lunch today, and they were out of half of the beers on the menu. The one that I ordered was very flat. We ordered the "aguachile" which is a ceviche that is supposed to have shrimp, scallops, avocado, peppers, cucumber and other fish. The Distillery served a plate of a few small shrimp, some cucumber and what tasted like V8, and the shrimp was raw (supposed to be cooked by the lime juice). We talked to the manager, and his response was that "different places make it differently" and he took it away and at least took it off our bill. My wife doesn't drink, and ordered a glass of half-pineapple juice and half club soda, and they charged 50 pesos. $4 for a half glass of juice and club soda? I had pozole which was just so-so and just had a couple of pieces of fatty meat. I won't be back - too many other better choices in Todos Santos.

1  Thank talbothall
merlo4u, Owner at The Distillery, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

We apologize for the flat beer, no excuses. Aguachile is not what you describe in your review. Google "aguachile" and you will see that it is in fact only shrimp. Our aguachile is exactly the same as a restaurant one block from us. What you are describing is in fact "Ceviche" as you mention in the review. We also have ceviche on the menu but that is not what you ordered nor is it aguachile. Your final criticism regards the " glass of half-pineapple juice and half club soda" you ordered. I am confused by the statement "$4 for a half glass of juice and club soda". If we charged you 4$ (actually $3.80) for a half glass then I apologize, We have no half drinks on our cocktail menu but we would normally charge half price if a half glass were ordered.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I wonder design around Todo Santos on my recent visit and strolled into The Distillery. The owner was hanging out and welcomed me in for some tastings - he had me at free tasting. The moonshine and vodka were both excellent. We chatted for a bit and the place had a great vibe. Tables out front and a beautiful patio out back.

Later that night I took my wife back for dinner and WOW. The staff was so friendly. The freshly made chips and salsa were some of the best we have ever had. My wife wasn't with me earlier in the day so the owner made sure to introduce himself and poured the free tastings for my wife.

My wife is kind of a picky eater and our server had no problem with her wanting chicken tacos (which really aren't on the menu). More chips arrived - just keeps getting better. We washed the chips down with their seasonal wheat beer which was so refreshing. On the recommendation of our waiter, I had the coconut crusted mahi mahi and it was the best meal I had over our entire 10 day trip and my wife thought the same about the chicken tacos. As the sun went down they turned on some lighting on the patio and it was really relaxing.

You have to give this place a try. They have breakfast, lunch and dinner and all 3 menus looked equally good.

Baja D, Owner at The Distillery, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Thank so much for coming in and then bringing back your wife. We always enjoy having great questions and comments on our spirits, that is what makes them better. I will let the staff know how much fun you had and that you appreciated the service. Come back on your next trip, we will have more of our locally distilled spirits to try.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

This place ended up being our unofficial home away from home during our visit. The owner is formerly from Iowa so that helped. The wait staff was uniformly excellent and they accepted credit cards which helped. They also offer a wide assortment of beer from the Baja Brewing Company which are pretty darn good. The place also makes its own tequila and moonshine which they offer for tastings and for sale. On Tuesdays and Fridays they have movie night where they offer recent movies shown on a projection system on the back patio. Food is above average and reasonably priced. The front patio is a good place to watch people and relax. We are here several times for both lunch and dinner.

Baja D, Owner at The Distillery, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thanks so much for considering us as "home away from home" The Todos Santos locals enjoy our spirits, food, events & service. On your next trip we will do even better!!!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We spent some very enjoyable time at The Distillery during our recent trip to Cabo. 2 thumbs up for their homebrew.

Baja D, Owner at The Distillery, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thank you for taking time to taste and visit. On your next trip we will have more spirits to taste.