“Loved It!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Todos Santos
San Pedrito Surf Hotel
denver, co
“Loved It!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2008

This place is fantastic. It has miles of beach with few people. The accomodations while not luxorious are quite comfortable. The rooms have kitchens which we did not use -- but could be handy. If you are looking for a laid back, quiet, beach experience -- this is it. You must have a car to get around, but stores, restaurants are close, including the wonderful "Art and Beer". The resident manager was a friendly guy or was around if you needed anything -- which we did not except for some restaurant suggestions.

• Liked — The beautiful beach
  • Disliked — Did not need it that time of year - there is no A/C in the room.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reno
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2007

This place is right on the beach! Not a street behind the beach or a "short walk" away or even a mile away! This place is dead on right there at San Pedrito Point Break! I walked out my door and grabbed my surf board every morning and surfed until I couldn't anymore. I came in a fixed myself food in my neat little kitchen in my own room! They have kitchens in the rooms! Not kidding! You can have a totally budget vacation here. Buy food in town and prepare it in your own kitchen. You don't even have to go to a restaurant although, Rosie's Luncharia and Sand Bar were great when I didn't wanna cook. Andy the hotel manager was totally cool and gave me directions to other places of interest like Palm Beach and Cerritos. I wish I could have stayed a few months! I come back to my real life, totally relaxed and I feel as if I have found the most magical place on the planet! I want to come back next year.

• Liked — This place doesn't lie when they say they are Ocean Front!
  • Disliked — Not a thing!
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank noena
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2007

I have just returned from a week at the San Pedrito Surf Hotel and cannot wait to go back. In fact, just as soon as I am done with this review I am going to start planning my next trip. My girlfriend and I both agree that SPS was the perfect place to stay if what you are looking for is a quiet beachside getaway.

We stayed in Casita #2 which was a small studio containing just a bed (the most comfortable bed ever) a kitchenette and a bathroom, but we didn't need anything else. Being able to watch the sun go down over the Pacific every day more than makes up for the mini-bars, room service and pay-per-view movie choices you'll find in other hotels. And at $65/night it was a great deal.

The hotel is a few miles on a bumpy dirt road from the main highway so rent a jeep or something like it and you'll save yourself a few minutes everyday on the ride into town or the beach (we rented a Nissan Tsuru).

In addition to the great location and perfectly quaint accomodations was Andy the hotels caretaker and our on-site "answer guy" who helped us with everything from finding restaurants to giving us shortcut directions to the beach where we could rent surfboards.

All in all it was one of the best vacation experiences ever and I highly recommend if any of you are planning a trip to Baja California Sur to skip the Cabos and head straight to the San Pedrito Surf Hotel.

• Liked — beachside location
  • Disliked — so quiet and comfortable we often slept later than planned
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2007

Absolute bliss at this small yet oh so comfy beachfront hotel. Beachfront meaning that the crashing surf can actually be felt in the room. Rooms are fresh, super clean with thick mattresses and fluffy towels. Kitchen facilities for the fresh fish you catch and outdoor barbecue pit. A surfers paradise with abundant whales and nearby deserted beaches and coves. Hotel grounds are a gardeners delight and a dune veranda for all the perfect sunsets. Huge game room with pool table etc. Surfing rentals and other outdoor services nearby at Cabo Extreme. See 'Jimmy' there. Rooms vary in sze. Management excellent to deal with and incrediblle rates for those that look for limited night life but want tranquillity and nature 24-7. Ask for 'Andy'. I stayed a week, decided to stay another, went to Cabo San Lucas for 2 weeks, came back to the San Pedrito for 2 more weeks. Bang for the buck I give it 5 stars.

• Liked — creature comforts/location
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2006

This is a beautiful spot right on the beach. They just upgraded the beds when we were there. They are now wonderful comfy beds! We loved the way that everybody gets together in the evening. My husband loved surfing right of the front door of the hotel!
We are going to try to make it down here once a year. It's a great family spot! We were totally impressed!!!

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2004

Casa Cyrene was fantastic. If you enjoy waking up everyday next to the Pacific Ocean to the sound of the waves in a comfortable and affordable cabana right on the beach, then you will love this place. I can't say enough about the hospitality. The people there are great. You will meet Cyril and share good stories with him every morning over a cup of coffee before you surf at any of the numerous breaks near by. Very close to a handful of good surf spots including Ceritos, San Pedrito, and Pastor. If you want to get away, surf, or justs be in an amazingly relaxing environment, then go here!!

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2004

Casa Cyrene is perfectly nice, with a great deck for watching sunsets and comfrotable rooms. and Cyril (the owner) is very hospitable and accomodating.

The beach and the pointbreak were a bit thrashed from the recent hurricane during our stay in Jan. '04. My girlfriend wasn't wild about all the muck/debris on the beach, and I found the point to be very sectiony for surfing...Thus, we found Casa Cyrene to be a comfortable base for our vacation, but we always went somewhere else by day. (both the beach and the point should improve in quality as the ocean washes away the excess debris. I'd check with Cyril on the status.)

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#5 of 9 in Todos Santos
Cerritos Beach Inn
Cerritos Beach Inn
#1 of 9 in El Pescadero

Been to San Pedrito Surf Hotel? Share your experiences!