“Best Ceviche in T.S.”

Mariscos El Compa Chava
Ranked #57 of 92 Restaurants in Todos Santos
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Sonoma, CA
“Best Ceviche in T.S.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were recommended to eat here for ceviche, and glad we did so. Tried the ceviche de pescado and also the tacos de pescado (fish ceviche and fish tacos - Ensenada style). Absolutely delicious, inexpensive, fresh. They speak Spanish, it's Mexico, the menu is not that complicated. Even with my decent Spanish, I managed to get confused. Stay with shrimp or fish ceviche and fish tacos, you cannot go wrong.

• Visited July 2014

Santa Cruz, California
“Good cheap seafood, got it 'to go' with a smile!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

We got there at closing, but the family that runs it stuck around to crank out fresh ceviche and fish tacos to go. Very tasty, fresh, filling. Nice folks.

• Visited February 2014
Tucson, Arizona
“Local place, byob, cheap, delicious, three-piece mariachi band”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

The ceviche is fresh and very good, made to order with lots of variety. The salsa they serve with the chips is very flavorful and hot. My mouth was on fire but I couldn't stop eating it. The fish tacos are very good as well--lots of fresh toppings and sauces. You can bring your own beer, or wine, or whatever. They offer soda and fresh lemonade also. We went on a sunday, around 4 or so, and they had a 3 piece mariachi group performing. They were perfect. No mics or amps, just acoustic guitars and 3 part vocal harmonies--classic, dignified. Don't miss this place.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank TheJaguarShark
Union, KY
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Today is day one of vacation and I am so very glad we heeded the reviews about this place. Having never tried ceviche before and speaking very little Spanish, I was skeptical, but not any more. I had the ceviche de pescado and was truly in heaven!

• Visited August 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Needed A Ceviche Fix!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

I usually will eat lunch here but this last time in Todos Santos I was never in town during the day. So, on my way back to my casa, I stopped by and had them make up a ceviche of fresh fish. They immediately took the fish out of the cooler and started chopping the fish with onion, lime and cilantro. Into a plastic sack and a bag of chips and I was set to have the best appetizer back at the house.

You can't go wrong with any of their dishes. All the food is super fresh and all the condiments taste like they were made seconds ago. I love their ceviche, seafood soup, tacos, tostadas, shrimp dishes and Campechana. I just wish I'd been able to eat there more often. Just means that I have to go back sooner rather than later.

• Visited June 2013