“FANTASTIC!”

Restaurant Las Fuentes
Ranked #50 of 100 Restaurants in Todos Santos
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I dine there several times and the food is absolutely DELICIOUSLY Mexican and BEST of all of the places I have visited in Todos Santos, Cabo and La Paz. The atmosphere is very pleasant as well as the service. Best prices...actually very affordable for their high quality. I love the waitresses and manager thus, they go out of their way to make you feel welcome, most of them speak English/Spanish and if they don't they always have someone who does in order to assist you. I recommend this restaurant 110%. I found out that this restaurant has been there for 23+years, that tells you how great it is!!!

1  Thank verano727

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Every year we have to drive from our La Paz timeshare to Todos Santos so my wife can have the best chili rellenos in Baja and I get my fix of Chicken mole.
Las Fuentes is across the street from a city park, just a 2 blocks from "Hotel California", on a quieter road.
The open patio is very pleasant, surrounded by lush tropical plants. The owner and his staff of lovely young girls give prompt and pleasant service so it's a delight to while away a couple of hours in this cool oasis.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

My husband & I dined at Las Fuentas tonight because the prices looked fair & there were a few other diners in the restaurant, which is always a good sign....
The guacamole was good, but not the best we've had on our trip. I thought the mole was overpowering & drenched my chicken enchilada. I should have asked for the mole on the side.
My husband really like his red snapper.

**BEWARE** When the bill came there was an addition of 16% sales tax. My husband questioned this, as he is European & knows that no where in the world is sales tax not included except in the states. When he questioned this, in Spanish, boy were they surprised he spoke perfect Spanish, they said "oh no..we add it, blah blah". We asked to see where on the menu it said tax was not included, but of course, the menu does not state this.
Not being 110% sure that it is always included, we didn't argue too much, but had a feeling we were being scammed.
When we returned to our hotel we asked the receptionist staff. Without hesitation, they all said tax is ALWAYS included, as we assumed.

We will dispute this additional charge for tax with VISA AND I'm writing this review on Trip Advisor for other's to be aware. We believe this is an easy way the restaurant is making an extra 16% on tourist bills.. Shame on the restaurant owner.I hope many tourist read this review.

2  Thank ohmslaw2
Reviewed February 2, 2014

This restaurant is one of the first restaurants of Todos Santos. Great atmosphere. The owner is lovely. She came over and chatted with us after our meal. We found out she had lived in the area we grew up in California! Food was good.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We've been eating at Las Fuentes since it opened during the eclipse in 1991. The homemade chips and the amazing green and red salsa is always worth the stop by itself. We've had most everything on the menu over the years. The huge palapa is stunning as well as all the greenery and foliage. Now that they have built the bypass road around town the traffic is almost non existent for such a busy corner. We were really sad they were closed a couple of days for a private wedding party. Good food, good service, reasonable prices!