“Very disappointing”

Sky Lounge Bar
Ranked #24 of 105 Restaurants in Todos Santos
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Restaurant bar with spectacular views located in the heart of Todos Santos, Baja California Sur. A perfect place to enjoy the view of the town, the oasis and the Pacific, while combining a refreshing cocktail or a glass of wine with relaxing background music. On the third floor terrace of the Guaycura Boutique Hotel is the Sky Lounge Bar, our visitors are invited to rest from the hustle and bustle while enjoying the view, where the desert, an incredibly colorful oasis and the colossal Pacific Ocean unite with a stunning sunsets combining a refreshing cocktail or a glass of wine with relaxing background music. Visitors will be able to enjoy an exceptional view while savoring an excellent lunch and appetizer menu which goes from the very traditional Enchiladas Verdes and Tortilla Soup to lighter meals, such as Fish Cebiche, freshly caught by local fishermen, classic BBQ ribs and our chef´s personal twist: Cochinita Pibil Nachos.
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I had reservations for my family, to enjoy appetizers and drinks on the rooftop terrace, to be followed with our main courses and desserts in the main dining room downstairs. This was a very special occasion for my husband's 60th birthday. First - making the reservation from the U.S. via email proved to be so difficult that I gave up and called to verify the restaurant received it. I was told (by the third person I called) to not worry any more because we would be treated to a lovely event...so I figured everything would be fine. Not so much. When we arrived (a little early), nobody seemed to know that we had a reservation, let alone that it was a special evening for us. We were shown the stairway to the rooftop, and away we went. When we arrived on the roof, there was a chalkboard with a list of all the drinks offered, as well as the foods available. I approached the waiter, and he had no clue who we were - he had me write down our name and the occasion we were celebrating on a scrap of paper. Then he informed us that they only had margaritas and beer. There was no mention of food at all. We figured we would have a seat, and though I drink neither margaritas nor beer, the rest of my family ordered drinks. Still no mention of food. Another group was escorted to a table, and their waitress presented them with menus. Menus? For food? So we finally managed to get them, and ordered quite a large number of tapas. (And there were six of us, so it was a sizeable amount of plates.) Service continued at a snail's pace...at last the tapas arrived. Yes, they were delicious. And tiny, even by "tapas" standards. As we finished our dishes, we ordered quite a few more. And waited...and waited...as well as waiting for refills of drinks. Was the rooftop pretty? Very much so. The sunset was beautiful. However, it was certainly not the scene I envisioned for such a special occasion. We finally received our check, and wondered what awaited in the dining room. We found our way downstairs, and the place almost appeared to be closed. I looked at my husband, and asked him what he wanted to do. He couldn't wait to get out of there...and get a celebratory dinner somewhere with a staff that at least appeared to be happy to see us....

Reviewed January 27, 2014

My wife and I stopped in for lunch and decided to try a salad. While both salads were works of art they were just okay in taste. The service was good, but we were the only diners in the entire place. They do accept credit cards. We would like to try the place again for dinner.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

The view is nice but I fell like we really got ripped off. We went to the roof top deck to see the sunset have drinks and food. Upon arrival we asked our server about the price of house wines by the glass. He said about 18 or 19 pesos per glass (his English was perfect). We ordered. 2 glasses of house White and then a bottle of house red. The tapa menu said what we ordered would be 60 pesos per item.
The small plates were incredibly small. My mini burger had a totally stale bun. The short rib mashed potatoes and broccoli item could have been eaten in a single bite.
The check arrived with the glasses of wine at 80 pesos per glass and the tapas at 70 pesos per item. We left feeling very hungry and ripped off.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stopped by for sunset drinks and an appetizer. The tacos were very good and the sunset was fantastic. It was a great way to welcome the evening in.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

For our 11-day stay in Todos Santos, we ate out about every other night and cooked in our casita the other nights. On my husband's birthday, I wanted something special and this place was absolutely perfect! The ambiance was romantic and comfortable, the food was outstanding and the chef himself came out to speak with us, making sure we were satisfied. The service was excellent and everyone was so friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this place for anyone visitng the lovely pueblo of Todos Santos.