“Adequate- needs maintenance”

Ranked #10 of 17 Todos Santos B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Adequate- needs maintenance”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

Casa Tota offers reasonably priced lodging with an industrial modern feel in the rooms and casual tropical style in common areas.

+ pool area
Free parking
Super friendly female desk clerk
Clean
Well located
Responsive to direct requests.

- ants!
Frowny male desk clerk
Shower pressure fading to non existent at times
DIRTY hot tub
Lightbulb in the shower out, it was replaced upon request yet the fixture was left hanging after the repair.
Restaurant/ lounge seems to be a gathering/ break area for staff when they are not busy ignoring you.

Room Tip: As you enter the courtyard the ground floor room by the stairs to the right, I think it's #6, we...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
san francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

Casa Tota is a nice boutique hotel in a great location in Todos Santos. Our room was very comfortable and stylish, and the cleaning staff did a great job keeping things tidy. Probably my favorite thing about the hotel is all the different spots one could just hang around and chill: the rooftop deck, the hot tub area, the pleasant courtyard and pool.

The restaurant/bar out front was nice too, and the food was good (for breakfast, I took a liking towards their chocolate chip pancakes; I normally go for savory over sweet, but it was a nice offset to all Mexican food and margaritas I'd consume the day before :). The servers were across the board hospitable and friendly. I always made sure they were tipped, regardless if my orders were charged to the room.

My one complaint was that the front desk could probably do a better job at "concierge". I had a number of questions about fairly typical things to do (snorkeling in La Paz, the turtle hatchery), and they couldn't really answer them. I was told that they would find out for me, but no one ever followed up. I ended up going to another hotel's concierge to get the info I needed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank marybanilow
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Casa Tota is a small hotel a few blocks north of the center of Todos Santos. Considering the laid back atmosphere of Todos Santos, Casa Tota fits in perfect. I agree the service could be more attentive but overall the hotel is 4 stars for the town.

Pool is small but sufficient to cool off. The pool area is quiet and a nice area to read a book.

I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Our rooms were number 1 & 2. First floor, facing the pool, away from the street noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Geneva, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is a modest hotel by design. The rooms were clean-lined with stark furnishings mixing wood and stone with a monochromatic color scheme, giving it an eclectic sophisticated look. The bathroom had a wonderful large stone sink and the shower was modern with a heavy clear glass door and colorfully tiled shower with "rainwater" style showerhead. It was stocked with dispensers filled with bath wash, shampoo and conditioner. There was a simple homey feel to it. The pool located in the center surrounded by the rooms gave it a serene feel. Loved the artwork displayed throughout the lobby, restaurant and room. The owner went out of his way to please us. I requested a corkscrew and offered to come get it but by the time I was leaving my room to go to the front desk, there was someone at the door with corkscrew in hand. He had no problem bringing in and taking back out our 2 very large suitcases. Breakfast at the hotel restaurant was delicious. We had the Huevos Ranchera and Chilaquiles, both of which came with black beans covered with local fresh cheese.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jessdewetagain
Rome, Italy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We arrived in Todos Santos one day earlier than planned and there were no rooms available in the hotel we booked so we had to spend our first night at Casa Tota.
This hotel looks very nice but the staff need a "Smile" training!
During the two weeks travelling through Mexico this was the one and ONLY time we felt unconfortable because of the indefference from the hotel staff! The Receptioin desk was often empty and no one seemed to be interested in attending guests.
But the worst thing was that despite the stylish look of this supposed boutique hotel, we found dirty bath floor: hairs and filth in the corners.
I didn't check the bedroom floor because the batroom was enough and I still wanted to enjoy my first day in Todos Santos.
I point out that is not a hostel and it's not even a cheap hotel!
Finally, no breakfast included.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Giuls1983
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

My wife and I made a day trip to Todo Santos,and happened by this lovely establishment.We had drinks in the bar and on their roof top terrace,all very nice. We returned for dinner,and our catch of the day fish,and fresh veggies was one of the best meals we enjoyed on our trip.We did not stay at the hotel,but plan to on our next trip.The management let me see a room,very clean,and modern.The pool area is small quiet and lovely.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Encinitas, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

We really love this hotel. My husband and in-laws will surely return. Peaceful, clean, modern, friendly - I could go on and on. The staff is wonderful - always helpful. Treat them with respect and they will reciprocate. And the food - oh yum! Kudos to the chefs. Every bite is fresh and flavorful. Very healthy. Easy walk to main street for shopping and other dining. Beautiful pool and roof top patios.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family