“Love Cerritos and Mario's School”
Review of Mario Surf School

Mario Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Surfing is one of the most exhilarating, healthy and natural experiences available. At Mario Surf School we can provide you with the best quality surf instruction, customized to your level of skill to reach your surfing goals!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Love Cerritos and Mario's School”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

A little tricky to find it's about 3km South of Todas Santos. Look for two large yellow flags that say Baja surf club and then drive towards the "Boutique Hotel". The beach is public and you will see some blue umbrellas there, that's Mario's surf school. The instructors I met were very friendly, took their time teaching us, and then allowed us to surf long after the lesson ended. I will definitely go back and next time will consider staying in that area. The break there is sooo much nicer than the area near cabo. The waves gently roll in on a gradual slope and the undertow is minimal to non existent.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Rightousbuzz

Toronto
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Lots of attention!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My instructor Carlos had a positive attitude and a true love for his work. He was a great teacher and it was worth every penny!

Visited July 2012
San Francisco, California, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent Service, Excellent Instruction”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I spent three days with Mario and his instructors at the beginning of May. My goal was to get a head start on surfing (I had only surfed twice before), and made tremendous progress. Although it won't happen for everyone, I was able to get up on the board, ride to the shore consistently, and tackle a few bigger waves. I talked to Mario at length about the plan for how I can get better now that I'm back in San Francisco, and he was extremely helpful.

Honestly - you shouldn't have to consider going anywhere else... Mario Surf School is a sure thing. You'll be very happy.

Visited May 2012
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Very good surf instruction.”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Highly recommended even if you have to travel some distance to get here. Playa Los Cerritos is an excellent surfing spot for introductory surf lessons. There is quite a variety of wave height and shape here and as you learn you can step up to greater challenges . Mario and his team of instructors are absolutely excellent and they worked successfully with kids, teens and adults while I was there. Everyone who took a lesson seemed to get up and surf and really have fun. Both my son and I plan to return. Mario is really dedicated to making this a quality experience and it shows.

Visited June 2012
Seattle
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Best surf instruction around.”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Mario Surf School, operating out of Los Cerritos, is the major provider of surf lessons in the Todos Santos area. Wandering over to Los Cerritos for the first time can be something of an adventure, so be sure to have some extra time available for your first visit. After several stops, we arrived with a few minutes to spare, just in time for the first session of the day. Mario met us on the beach, and proceeded to turn us over to his instructors. In two separate days, my wife and I had two separate instructors, and these guys did an excellent job working with us to stand up on the board, time and catch waves, etc. With one-hour sessions, we weren't going to become experts overnight, but we learned and improved a lot. I've had instruction elsewhere in the world, and these guys exceeded it.

Visited May 2012