“ON A DARK DESERT HIGHWAY”
Review of La Coronela

La Coronela
Ranked #22 of 95 Restaurants in Todos Santos
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Best margaritas in all of Baja Ca. Sur. Enjoy the afternoon music on weekends and dine at the cantina.

1  Thank Tom D
There are newer reviews for La Coronela

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stopped in after my Wife had been shopping up and down the street. You don't automatically see the Hotel its hiding behind some trees. The food and service were great.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

The Chile Relleno was the best I have ever eaten, the classic margaritas where great, squeezed lime juice no bottled mixes, these were the real thing!
The wait staff were having as much fun as we were and they made our visit very pleasant. Todos Santos, nice place to visit but watch out for the local police dressed in white, they are suppose to help the tourist, they will rip you off. This was the first time I've been asked for 1300 pesos by them in all the years I 've been going, I was able to talk them out jail for parking too far from the curb for 600 pesos paid on the spot. I kinda messes with the whole experience when this happens to you. Anyway maybe the locals will put some pressure on the police to be better tourist attactions not harrassment.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stop in and take some pics and have a drink but I would avoid the restaurant. We were seated promptly and our drink order was taken right away. That's where the prompt speedy service ended. After 10 minutes of waiting for our drinks, I asked the server if they were coming, he said they were at the bar being made. I asked if the food was as slow as the drinks and he said yes.

Finally our drinks showed up. Our food was slow for sure, my wife had the margarita pizza which looked liked frozen pizza from a box and tasted like it too.

I ordered the fajitas which arrived hot but no tortillas. I asked for the tortillas and he said they were coming. Finally, they brought the tortillas. No salsas, no hot sauce.

This place charges too much for their food, so, to have bad service on top of it, is really a bad deal. It's a popular location because of its name and history.

We ate at Tequila Sunrise the day before, perfect service and excellent food. We shared their famous Shrimp Chile Rellenos, two whole chiles stuffed with shrimp for 225 pesos, includes salad and desert.

Hotel California needs to step it up. Many guests around us were not happy with their service or food.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We had a wonderful meal and excellent service at La Coronela last night. Our mesero, Miguel Angel, was charming, helpful and attentive. The restaurant, itself, is very clean and beautiful. There was soft Mexican music in the background. Our meal was delicious. We could not ask for a better experience. It was a night we will always remember. Thank you La Coronela!