“Best Birthday of my life!”
Review of Villa Santa Cruz

Villa Santa Cruz
Ranked #1 of 16 Todos Santos B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I'm not really sure words can describe this place. Maybe it's heaven? My husband and I stayed here a few weeks ago with our two friends to celebrate my birthday. We wanted to surf, explore, relax and have a couple nice dinners in town, in Todos. We got everything we wanted. Jessica and Matt were the most lovely hosts and so very helpful and their margarita's and cooking are delicious. The hotel is beautifully designed and decorated and the rooms are a perfect mix of luxurious and comfy with unobstructed views of the ocean. There is something very special about this place. One of my favorite things was sitting in the crow's nest and watching the owners dogs all make their way out on to the beach to watch the sunset, so cute, the sweetest dogs, I still miss little Sugar. I went for runs on the beach in the morning and never saw another soul, well accept Freddie the dog and he was very welcome company. I was celebrating a mile stone birthday and I couldn't possibly imagine anyplace better we could have gone. I'll really cherish my memories from this place. Also, thanks to Ira and Francesca of La Sirena Eco Adventures, for teaching me and my friends to make sushi. Ira's spicy tuna mix is seriously the best! We will be back.

2  Thank Bonniejean1957
There are newer reviews for Villa Santa Cruz

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I just returned from an amazing stay at Villa Santa Cruz.

Whatever expectations you have, they will be exceeded ;-) Not only is the property off the grid, it's magnificant. It doesn't stop there, the hosts, Jessica and Matt make you feel at home, welcomed, and cook the best food I've had, and it's healthy!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

My wife and I booked the Villa with a couple friends last month. It was truly a magical experience. Jessica and Matt were wonderful hosts and they have really created an amazing oasis in Mexico. If you're looking to get away from it all and escape this is the place. The grounds are beautiful, the 6 dogs they have are so friendly but not intrusive. Jessica and Matt cooked dinner for us a couple nights and it was delish! The coffee and breakfast each morning was wonderful.

Can't say enough things about this place. We'll definitely be coming back. Be selective who you tell, this place is a gem.

Room Tip: Get the Agave room. Best bathtub ever!
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Wow! I can't imagine a more incredible spot to stay. Villa Santa Cruz has incredible views and the most comfortable, relaxing environment of any place I've ever stayed. The endless sandy coastline is extremely inviting and sunsets from the Crow's Nest fort on the water were amazing. Jessica and Matt accommodated us for my wife's birthday celebration and couldn't have been greater hosts. I think I asked them about everything and their kindness and professionalism provided us with an excellent creative opportunity to enjoy the Villa and Todos Santos. The home is an inspiring place and mixes the outdoors, classic Mexican style and contemporary design very well. I can't recommend this place enough. We even took an amazing sushi making class from La Sirena Eco Adventures at the Villa. So much food and so much fun.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This was one of the very best places I have ever had the pleasure to stay at. Enjoyed every area of the grounds: watching lightning over the ocean from the roof, watching the dogs watch the sunset from the palapa, and floating in the pool under the moon and stars. We also enjoyed our visits into Todos Santos and Pescadero. The staff and owners were some of the nicest people I have met!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RobbKM
Reviewed August 13, 2012

If you're someone who enjoys pure relaxation in the privacy of beautiful beachfront grounds with a large, beautiful swimming pool that has views of the sun setting over the beach, not to mention potential world class surf right outside your window, this is the place for you. My experiece was a boys trip with our top priority surfling (we didn't have to go anywhere else and got great surf everyday), I know that the wife and kids would love the beautiful grounds, pool, beach and hospitality shown by our hosts. Thanks for a great trip Jessica and Matt!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were four guys in need of some surf and relaxation, and the Villa was simply perfect. We actually never left the grounds of the Villa after we arrived as there was simply no reason to go anywhere. The Villa is simply a work of art, the setting is beautiful, and the uncrowded surf (with your own palapa including crow's nest right on the water) was exactly what the doctor ordered. I look forward to taking the family back to enjoy it as well.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends