“Fantastic experience”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

On a whim during our Cabo vacation we decided to drive to Todos Santos and after looking at these Trip Advisor reviews dined at Tequila Sunrise. Honestly, we probably wouldn't have gone here if it hadn't been for TA since it is RIGHT on the beaten path, across from Hotel California, and looks like a total tourist trap. But folks TA is right on the money again. This was a great experience and one of the best dining we had on our MX trip.

Mr. Margarita makes it, though. He is so friendly, engaging and warm. You feel like an old friend while you are there. And the food was really delicious. Get the salsas and guacamole. YUM.

• Visited October 2011

Newberg, Oregon
“Mr. Margarita does it all!”
Reviewed September 29, 2011

During a private, guided day trip to Todos Santos (Muchas gracias for a great day to Carlos of Victor's Cabo Transportation) we insisted on lunch at Tequila's Sunrise. Many visitors to Todos Santos go to the Hotel California for lunch, but we'd read great reviews of the margaritas AND the food at TS. Fortunately, our driver Carlos knows the TS owner Emmanuel ("Mr. Margarita," multi-winner of international mixology championships).

Mr. Margarita did not dissapoint! He personally showed us how to make his prize-wnning Damiana Margarita (seriously good -- and potent, with about 5 ounces of alcohol in each drink!) Emmanuel put on a very entertaining show. Just don't interrupt him. You might as well try heckling Don Rickles (LOL) He then guided us through a diverse menu, with 3 of our party of 6 opting for the scrumptious shrimp and cheese-filled chile rellenos. One of the best dishes I'v ever had. My brother-in-law tried three of the award winning drinks (Thank goodness we had a driver!) and proclaimed all of them first-rate.

Altogether, an amazing 2-1/2 hour lunch and the highlight of one of the most fun days of our 2 weeks in Los Cabos. Emmanuel, mi amigo, we hope to see you again when we return to Los Cabos late next February!

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank OregonJohn97338
“Exquisite food, superb service, insanely good margaritas!!”
Reviewed September 18, 2011

The owner of this restaurant is as much the heart of this place as the food. His passion and enthusiasm is infectious and lights up this already bright establishment. At first I found it a little presumptuous when I saw that he was walking around suggesting to his customers how to eat the food on their plates, but when I took my first bite (following his recommendation), I found that he was nothing less than a culinary genius who wanted to be sure his customers got the most out of their experience. The complexity of the ingredients he puts into every dish - even just in his salads - is utterly mind-blowing.

The atmosphere is exactly what you'd want on a relaxing vacation in Baja. Playful, colorful, and totally unpretentious. The menu is a bit pricey, but worth every cent (which is hard for a cheapskate like me to admit)! Todos Santos is such an awesome town... it deserves a restaurant of this caliber. It has now been two months since I visited and had two lunches there, but I still haven't stopped thinking about them...

I've traveled extensively and the only meal I've ever found to compare was in the south of France. Do not miss this gem!!!

• Visited July 2011
New York
“Good friendly place”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We came here around 6 pm Friday and it was packed! Good sign for a such simple plaza-located place. we were seated promptly, instantly got tortilla chips and salsa, the drinks arrived quickly, followed by appetizers. Quesadilla was outstanding, soups also good. I got blue crab burritos-excellent. My husband got a sizzling fajita, very good. The service was attentive. We were a little bit disappointed with happy hour drinks selection -just a couple kinds of beer (some lightes) and house margarita -plain to my taste. But food is very good and not expensive. Live music outside from some band-very pleasant.

• Visited August 2011
Danville, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“THE BEST MARGARITA I'VE HAD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!! AND THE FOOD IS THE ICING ON THE CAKE!”
Reviewed August 1, 2011

First, the food is absolutely incredible. My husband had the chile rellenos w/ lobster and he was in heaven. I had the mole and it's the best I've ever had. The dessert was amazing...then you have the Margarita. It's indescribable…you just have to experience it for yourself and when you're done drinking the Damiana Margarita, you'll agree, it's the best you've ever had in your life!

• Visited June 2011