“Delicious food, great setting”
Review of Cafe Santa Fe

Cafe Santa Fe
Ranked #9 of 99 Restaurants in Todos Santos
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We had a lunch at Cafe Santa Fe during our recent trip to Todos Los Santos. It was an excellent choice. Service was quick, food-amazing. Everything is done from the scratch and from top notch
Ingredients. They have excellent lemonade, tasty pizza bianca in leu of bread... Lobster ravioli-amazing as well as grilled catch of the day- Spanish mackerel. Mozzarella di buffala in caprese was very authentic too. Plenty of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar on the table...
The ambiance of the old colonial mansion and outdoor sitting was lovely spoiled only by a very loud group of foreign guests which is not their fault...
It is true - food is pricey but given the quality of the product it totally worth it.
Also, check your bill carefully. They do add 10% tip automatically (after tax) and they are open about it. You can top it up if you want, but 10% are already there...

Reviewed December 13, 2013

We've heard nothing but rave reviews about this restaurant all over town, but it's quite a bit above what we usually can afford to pay. But my god daughter was in town and I wanted her to have a nice dinner out, so we decided to splurge.

The place was nice inside but there were a lot of mosquitos the day we were there and I wish we had brought some bug spray. That aside, honestly, the food was "so-so" and not what I expected after everyone raved about it so much and the price we were paying for the food. We won't be back and would rather explore other options for our "splurge" night out. Which is unfortunate because one thing they did have that I have never seen in a high-end restaurant, were toys for my 5 year old daughter to play with while we ate dinner. It was really awesome and I LOVED that part of it - very thoughtful.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We ate there because of a recommend action and glad we did. The pasta was delicious. I had pasta with meat sauce and my friend had jumbo shrimp with linguini. The shrimp were huge and cooked to perfection. The atmosphere was very relaxing and beautiful. The wait staff was very attentive and helpful. There is outdoor seating which is surrounded by vegetation. It is closed on Tuesdays though. It is a bit pricy but well worth it!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

The best of Northern Italy, service that makes sure you have everything you need without sitting in your lap the whole meal and wines to pull everything together. Not cheap, but worth every peso. The lobster ravioli are phenomenal, the mussels are perfectly steamed with a choppino style sauce that begs for a whole loaf of warm bread to soak it up. Handmade pasta and the very freshest vegetables combined in old-world recipes with just the hint of a baja twist. Owners Paula and Etzio make sure that the atmosphere of the restaurant is completely different than anything else on the entire Baja Peninsula. Truly an oasis of casual 'fine dining'.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This restaurant is so good, I found myself there 3 times in 1 week! Although Sante Fe isn't a Mex-Ican Restaurant, the ingredients are so fresh and the service excellent that I longed to go back many times while in Todos Santos. The outdoor seating area is completely surrounded by vines and plantings, and it. Feels very private
The vegetables are all organic and come arranged on a separate plate when ordering an entree. I had just caught red snapper sautéed with. Butter and garlic and wine. Another time I enjoyed a pork dish. They are famous for lobster ravioli. There is an extensive wine list, with some good Mex-Ican additions, most are Italian. I. Really loved this place and felt welcomed every time I dined there. Best bet is to maybe have coffee and then walk in town and get an ice cream cone for dessert.

1  Thank Varvara63