“Great food, service and decor”
Review of Casa Cacao

Casa Cacao
Ranked #35 of 729 Restaurants in Tijuana
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 10, 2018

Since we were not fan of very spicy food, maybe we did not get most of Mexican food, but we enjoyed their explanation of chocolate-making process and cacao used to be money. We had tamale which looked small but filling, then generous portion of hot chocolate which was delicious. We enjoyed their decor and everything. High recommendation.

Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

One of the best mole I've tried. The place is really beautiful. All the food is made from scratch. The tamal de chocolate with black mole and cocoa beans just became one of my favorite foods. I would come back to Tijuana just to eat in that place again!!!

Reviewed June 30, 2017

One of the highlights of our trip was a lunch at Casa Cacao. They have a limited, but creative menu, mostly featuring delicious Oaxacan mole. I had an egg based tart, like an omelet, served on a plate of mole. Because it was in-season, they offered it with chicatana, if I wanted. I usually avoid such things, but was excited to try this seasonal dish, and it was a wonderful experience. My partner had chicken enmoladas (like enchiladas but with mole instead of chile-based sauce).
As we were finishing the owner (I guess he was the owner) came to our table to talk a little about the history of chocolate. What the Aztecs had, what the Spaniards added, and what the Swiss and Dutch added.
The restaurant is the local distributor of the Oaxacan Mayordomo Chocolate. The hot chocolate we enjoyed at the restaurant was wonderful. I haven’t tried the chocolate we bought to take home. They also serve coffee and baked goods which we didn’t sample. I’m sure they’re wonderful.
The staff was super nice.
It’s conveniently located about a block south of the arch. A great place for coffee and a snack or for a light meal.

1  Thank gogotom
Reviewed June 18, 2017

I was so happy when I came across this little place and was even happier to sit down and enjoy our chocolate treasures right inside the cozy storefront. They have done a great job. I never would have guessed all of that was inside that little door. So many choices I know I will have to frequent this establishment often as to try them all. I wish you the best of success for years to come.

Reviewed May 14, 2017 via mobile

Found it last year by accident. The owner i ad the sweetest person and very knowlegable. Bought a pound of amazing coffee from Chiapas and 1/4 pound of cheese that was a slice of heaven. Went back today but they were closed. I think I got there too early. Heading back in couple of weeks. Cant wait.