“Great cafe”

Bresca Cafe Bistro
Ranked #256 of 731 Restaurants in Tijuana
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Reviewed December 8, 2015

The food is pretty good. The cafe is beautiful. Great decorating. Very impressed with the design. The macaroni is very good served in a iron skillet, although the portion is relatively small.

Date of visit: October 2015

Reviewed October 10, 2015

My friends and I tried this restaurant this past week. My friend had a poor experience but decided to give it a second chance. The ambience was nice. We had a large group and the service was poor. The restaurant only had one cook and for menu that touts its brisket...no brisket! I ordered the fish sandwich and my friends ordered other items. A group oh twelve came in we'll we ordered and were served promptly and their orders were brought out before ours. When our food came out it was cold! Amazing that something took so long to make and it was cold when brought out. We were joking that they received our orders! Anyway, a very poor gist on a Thursady afternoon.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed July 12, 2015

I've eaten here a dozen times. They've been open about 7 months. They are still working on things.

They're now open on Sundays from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM and only serve items from the breakfast menu.

They have chicken and waffles on the weekend. They gave me syrup on the side.

When I ordered a croissant sandwich, they poured syrup all over it. Why not serve it on the side?

Fish of the day is always excellent.

Expresso drinks are always excellent.

They have an excellent chicken dish. It takes a long time to cook and they'll warn you.

They have mac & cheese. They'll put smoked pork on top and it's really good.

The menu is only in Spanish and most of the employees speak only Spanish.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed July 10, 2015

I waited 45 minutes after ordering the baked chicken. I cut into it and it was absolutely pink with pink juices flowing. Imagine -- 45 minutes to NOT cook the food!
The sodas are stored warm and served with 2 ice cubes in a Mason jar (the Mason jar is a nice touch). However, the ice was insufficient to chill the soda and a request for more ice was met with a snarl. When I showed the waitress that the chicken was raw she was very nasty...kind of snarled as she took it away. No apology, no acknowledgement of this error by the kitchen -- just a nasty attitude. She returned and threw the check on the table. I paid (with exact change) and walked out.
The ambiance is nice, but the service is abominable and the food is downright dangerous.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed April 9, 2015 via mobile

Very nice little bistro! Cool hip ambiance and delicious food. We tasted Belgian waffles, beet soup and apple pie- presentation and the taste was 5 stars! Visited twice and will be back for more. Thanks!