“Great Experience”

and 1 more site!
Dali Suites
Ranked #1 of 32 Tijuana B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I had no idea what to expect and was pleasantly surprised. I am in week 3 of my 4 week stay and just felt compelled to review the experience.
The Suites are in a nicer, safer part of Play de Tijuana. The property is well maintained; secure, manicured garden, staffed, and generally quiet.
The room is spacious and clean. While it is new there are not a lot of pots and pans and the like stashed, it is easily bought inexpensively around the corner. I enjoy the little fireplace wall unit- adds a bit of cozy. Shower is roomy. Kitchen tight but works well enough. Plenty of seating. A desk would be nice for those of us needing to work.
The other guests seem to all be here for the same "medical tourism" so it is a like minded community and people are respectful and helpful.
Location is key; enough off the beaten path by a school, but also Starbucks, Taco Truck Aaron, Calimax, and the beach all within quick walk.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Diann G
There are newer reviews for Dali Suites

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have stayed at the Dali Suites three times. The grounds are beautiful and very secure. The neighborhood is very safe and you can walk to the grocery store, restaurants and beach in minutes. The staff is very attentive and will do everything they can to meet your needs. There are several restaurants in the area that deliver and are very inexpensive. If you ask there is usually access to someone who shops for groceries in the U.S. once a week for a small fee. They provide clean bottled water as needed. My biggest issue was safety and the staff personally know and work with cab drivers, clinics and other business owners. I have relied on them to recommend transportation and advise me about border issues etc. My experience has been very satisfactory. I recommend this facility as safe and affordable and will stay there again. SK

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor if you cannot manage stairs.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Suzanne K
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My stay at Dali Suites was amazing...the gardens are beautiful...the surroundings are very peaceful...the staff incredibly accommodating. The access to restaurants and the beach was so convenient. It made my journey through cancer treatments in Tijuana so much easier. During my last week there, I developed an infection in the muscle inside my leg...the security staff went above and beyond the line of duty to help me get medical aid. They gave me a cell phone to use when mine got wet...there is so much I could say. I will definitely stay at Dali again.
Kim H.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have stayed at the Dali Suites numerous time over the last couple of years. I travel to Tijuana for medical treatment and originally was very worried about my stay. The Dali Suites was a great recommendation. The staff is very kind and accomodating and the courtyard is beautiful. The location is close to restaurants, grocery stores and the ocean. I travel alone and feel safe walking around the area and staying at the Dali Suites. The Dali Suites is my choice every time I travel to Tijuana.

Barb

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 20, 2012

When we go to another country, specifically for the harsh dental treatment, what we are looking for?
For clean environments & warm welcome from the staff. Well, it's all here at Dali suites.
Everyone is so kind, it's very clean, very safe & quiet.
Yes, I will go again.
I kind of miss everyone there. They became like a family.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The Dali begins with Alejandra the proprietor. Her father was the architect in the early '70s. Her passion to provide you a memorable experience is palpable.

The rooms are comfortable, quiet and have easy access to the courtyard. A delightful garden that is meticulously maintained.

We stayed for 2 1/2 months so we know how hard they work to meet your needs. Whether it is a blender or coffee pot they are at the ready.

We really enjoyed meeting wonderful people from all over the world.

You will have a great experience at the Dali!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed December 23, 2011

My partner & I stayed at Dali Suites for most of Nov 2011 while I had alternative cancer treatments at a clinic in Tijuana. Having not been to Tijuana for 30 years we were quite unsure of what to expect. Being in Playa de Tijuana was a great choice for us. It felt safe and quiet and had the convenience of grocery stores, restaurants and the beach near by. The hotel itself is small, clean, and nicely taken care of, and the staff are very friendly, kind, & helpful. Alejandra speaks perfect English and was gracious in accomodating our special needs. The room was quite spacious and comfortable with a small kitchenette & a nice view. It was cleaned twice a week which was just right for us. The garden area was beautiful to look down on or relax in. Alejandra recommended a taxi driver to pick us up at a specific time each day to go into Tijuana, which was only a 15-20 minute ride...and cost $18 round trip. Sometimes we would flag a taxi to return as we never knew how long we would be. (tip..keep a Dali Suites post card with a map to show the driver) For anyone trying to decide whether to stay in California or Tijuana for medical treatments...we feel this was much more relaxing than having to cross the border every day when you may not feel like being in a line for an undetermined time. We used the extra time to walk on the beach, and on days off we would cross the border and take the trolley in to San Diego for an outing. We will most definitely return to Dali Suites on return visits to the clinic as it feels like a home away from home.

Room Tip: We stayed in #5 which was quite a few stairs if you are not feeling in top shape. The rooms have eit...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple