“Great location and great hotel”
Review of Aqua Rio Hotel

Aqua Rio Hotel
Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Tijuana
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I loved staying at this hotel, the service was good. The room is very clean, the wifi was free in the room. I loved the fact that I could get my walking shoes on, and take a nice walk and everything is very close by. At night when I showed up to go to bed, there was a security guard there to greet me at the lobby. The hotel is very quiet, and clean, and inexpensive. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a nice hotel and wanting to save a few bucks.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank carl s

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Hotel Aqua Rio blew my mind. I was originally looking for a very cheap hotel where I could relax for the night. I found Hotel Aqua Rio and decided to stay there because of the very affordable price. I was not expecting anything else. The manager met me at the front desk, gave me a map of the city, and pointed out to me all the "hot spots" an places to see. Hotel Aqua Rio has very professional staff, extremely clean rooms, and is located right in the heart of Tijuana. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014
9  Thank BuddyHolt
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I recently stayed at Agua Rio for two nights. Rooms are clean, reasonably quiet and the bed was comfortable. The staff (front desk, housekeeping, security) are friendly and want your stay to be a good one. One plus, there is a really nice Sorianas grocery store just a few blocks away. One small downside, there was no mini-fridge in the room. I plan to be back for a more extended stay in March while I am getting dental work done nearby, as the location and nightly rate are both good for my needs/budget.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank RetiredWanderer312
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This is my second stay here. This is an extremely economical, clean and centrally located hotel.
The staff is very courteous and will work with you on the language issues ( I don't speak Spanish and not all of the staff speaks English).

The amenities are adequate and some very good like water pressure and WiFi speed. Wall are a bit thin :-)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
6  Thank Oarlock
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The hotel is very modern and I would highly recommend it for the price range.There are about 18 very secure parking spaces available in the courtyard style enclosed lot with 24 hour security available on a first come basis. The rooms have marble floors throughout. Beds are very comfortable but as is expected at this price range not fancy pillow top and no pillow menu.There is no AC and from what I could see there were not heaters either. However there was a fan in the room. The hotel is built in motel style with parking in a central courtyard so depending on where you room is you may hear people/cars leaving in morning. Excellent free wifi in rooms, and about 10 or so English channels & many more in Spanish. They also have a bar and restaurant and free coffee in the lobby. So if you expect a well kept comfortable clean modern affordable hotel in a convenient location I doubt you will be disappointed. This is not the fanciest hotel or the best hotel in Tijuana if you are looking for a resort style room or the "best" room in all of Tijuana I predict you will be disappointed, but for the price to value ratio it is definitely one of the best if not the best in its price range. Staff is friendly, helpful and mostly bilingual.The hotel reminds me of a scaled down less deluxe very pleasant version of the Hotel Ticuan which is also an excellent place to consider if you want to pay significantly more for a fancier hotel with AC and some other frills that are reflected in the higher rate. FYI neither hotel has refrigerators in rooms.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
6  Thank Russ-Parsons
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The hotel is very simple but very clean. I have stayed in this hotel about 6 times some with just me and my partner and others with our kids and we had never had a problem . The bathroom is great it has a great water pressure in the shower . There is no carpet so it makes it look better and less germs . The only down fall I can think of is parking they only have a limited parking in the hotel so you have to register early. There is more parking in the back you pay about 10 bucks for a hole day. It is very close to everything so you can leave your car and walk to the next block which is revolution . It does have free wifi so its a plus. The staff there is super friendly always have great customer service. I really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank TRAVELINGFAM951
Reviewed February 1, 2014

All newly remodeled rooms, fully loaded with everything you need to be comfortable, super friendly staff, and accomidating owner. 24 Hour on site security. Clean, affordable and close to everything. 5 star rating from a hotel snob says a lot!!!

• Stayed: January 2014